about 10 hours ago
· Vetting of visitors/guests before accessing the BBC Building
· Adhering to the X-Ray/Search procedures as prescribed by the X-ray Team Leader
· Access control (Access and Egress of staff, contractors and visitors/contributors)
· Ensuring records and reports for the equipment are kept up to date
· Able to deal calmly and confidently with all demands from visitor/members of public.
· To respond to all incidents and follow escalation procedures
· Attendance of first aid incidents/any other form of incidents as required.
· Ensuring company dress code is up to a high standard at all times
· Ability to deliver a clear and concise incident report.
· To have a thorough knowledge of routine and emergency procedures and be able to respond efficiently, and appropriately, to any eventuality
· Ensuring Time Keeping and attendance is of high standard (Officer is expected to be in full uniform with licences fifteen minutes before the start of the shift)
· To be aware of Hostile Reconnaissance techniques that may be employed against the BBC building/s or occupants therein and to be vigilant at all times.
· Operate a safe working environment in line with company risk assessments and assignment instructions
· Ensuring incident are reported on a timely and accurate manner
· Maintain all required records as directed by line management to ensure that full transparency of events and their handling is possible
· Officers are expected to perform and conduct themselves, in line with company policies and procedures
· Obtain assistance by sounding alarms/Radio communication
· Collaboratively working with colleagues to ensure delivery of service expectations of BBC
· Keeping yourself informed of best practice for Security industry
· Effective communication with the Team Leader and Management
· Any other security duties directed by the business or client that falls within your level of training and licensing
Valid SIA licence
Front of house experience
Excellent communication and customer service skills
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office
Adhere to health & safety at all times
Broadcasting House, 10-2 Portland Place
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 53,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right.