2 days ago
Support line managers remotely, with the management of lower risk ER cases - advising, influencing and coaching on how to proceed following best practice and ensuring compliance with employment law.
Provide 3rd line query handling, and HR advice in relation to HR policy, practices & procedures
Proactively manage case work, escalating issues as needed to the Senior ER Advisor
Case management of registered cases on Salesforce: AWOL, absence management (short and long term) including referrals to Occupational Health, straight forward disciplinary and grievance and performance management.
Check ER letters before they are issued.
Create and analyse reports on ER Advisory activity to lead to service improvements.
Ensure queries and requests from customers are responded to efficiently, accurately and in accordance with the Interserve Support Services policy and agreed service standards.
Conduct ER policy reviews and make recommendations for improvement.
Be aware of the business continuity plan for the part of the business you work in.
Works collaboratively as member of the HR Service Centre function to deliver high quality service to customers: regular communication and information exchange required.
Build relationships with the wider HR team and highlight significant trends in their business areas.
Ensure all hard and soft copy personnel records are maintained & secure, complying with obligations under the Data Protection Act.
Ensure that the HR Service Centre work area is clean, secure and well maintained.,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
At Mitie we know that 'our diversity makes us stronger'. We're committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment where our people can thrive and be their best every day. We are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal. We recognise the unique contributions that you can bring and our people and customers thrive when we get this right., Ability to challenge and influence key decision makers with an assertive and confident approach
Strong generalist HR background and experience of complex HR issues including redundancies, dismissals, change management, ideally gained within commercial environment
Experience of working in a diverse and challenging business with the ability to balance commercial and reputational risk whilst ensuring Mitie "does the right thing" by it's people
Demonstrable experience in managing high volume Employee Relations cases
Excellent Employment Legislation knowledge
· Strong written and oral communication skills and the ability to communicate with people from different levels of the organisation and across the different lines of business
· Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel, SharePoint
· Proficiency in SAP HR and payroll system or another recognised HR database preferred but not essential
· Ability to multi task, work to deadlines, prioritise under pressure and use own initiative
· Excellent team player with the ability to build effective team relationships and promote an environment of trust and flexibility
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment. Resolution and results driven with a flexible and can-do attitude
· Experience of working within a customer service environment. Risk awareness handling confidential information with due diligence
· Accuracy and attention to detail recording detailed notes in the call logging system and responding to all queries with accurate information
Level 5 CIPD qualified or working towards or a desire to complete qualification is desirable
Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.