2 days ago
The primary responsibility of the Senior Application Developer (AI) will be to deliver quality and most efficient solutions into the AI capability within Mitie and underpin Mitie's strategic objective to become a technology led facilities management company. This hands-on developer delivers technical solutions including chatbots and other AI and Cognitive services like voice enabled conversations, machine learning capabilities, implemented using both open souce and traditional licenced technologies
Main Duties - Technical
· Hands-on development in the technologies: NodeJS, Angular 2.0+, ReactJS; Azure Cloud, Cosmos DB
· Configuration and Solutionizing in AI platforms like IBM Watson, AWS etc
· Participate and drive the various software development phases - requirements, estimation, task breakdown, design, development, test, deployment support etc - across many projects and initiatives
· Participate in the agile practices where necessary
· Take ownership of own activities - technical and non-technical
· Contribute into the AI and ML capabilities - within projects and/ or proof of concepts etc
· Support and fix production, post deployment issues
· Delivering solutions in various AI technologies like Deep learning platforms, Natural language processing and Text analytics, Speech recognition, Image/ Video analysis etc
· Generate new ideas for delivering value from new technology solutions using all the data/ AI capabilities available
· Produce technical specifications and documentation in line with Mitie standards
· Ensure development is fully documented, unit tested and peer reviewed
· Maintaining systems by monitoring and correcting software defects
· Understand the business context within which the IT systems operate and understand the technology and architectures in use within the IT systems
· Analysing defects and bugs to identify root cause fix
· Adhere to ITIL processes
· Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
· Anticipate needs and formulate solutions to issues
· Ensure deliverables meet accuracy and quality standards
Main Duties - Team
· Co-ordinate with team manager, team lead & project managers on programming and other tasks
· Working collaboratively with colleagues from across the organisation and external
· Adhere to Mitie standards and processes
· Take ownership and responsibility for self tasks and work with minimum governance and steer,
Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
Report actual and suspected security incidents
Knowledge of relevant procedures
Level of customer Service
Health and safety awareness and knowledge
Degree in IT
Extensive hands-on development experience
Hands-on development experience in NodeJS, Angular v2.0+, ReactJS, HTML, CSS
Extensive hands-on experience in Cloud platform technologies, mainly Microsoft Azure with knowledge of core cloud computing concepts including compute, storage, networking, databases, identity and security and higher order capabilities including serverless and IoT
Working knowledge of various database technologies like Cosmos DB
Hands-on experience with machine learning algorithms, model development, common frameworks, workflow tools, and/ or applied AI namely Deep learning platforms, Natural language processing and Text analytics, Speech recognition, Image/ Video analysis etc
Hands-on experience on platforms like IBM Watson, AWS, Microsoft Luis, Google Cloud among others
Excellent written and verbal skills
Logical and critical thinking skills
Well organised, methodical and disciplined approach
Willingness to work outside standard working hours if project timelines require
Hands-on experience in Python
Exposure to Big Data technologies & solutions Hadoop, NoSQL, Kafka etc
Been involved in creation of AI/ ML solutions like Chatbots etc from inception to delivery
Certifications and courses in any of the below would be desirable
Mitie was founded in 1987, and is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Values: Delivering the exceptional, every day
Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.