1 day ago
We are looking for a Junior Analytics Developer to support the Head of Innovation and the software development team. The role is suitable for a graduate, or someone with a few years of professional experience who has a strong mathematical and logical mind, with an interest and experience in coding. Specific knowledge of our systems and tools is not required as there will be opportunity to learn on the job.
· Develop and maintain Matlab calculation modules
· Create Reports using SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS)
· Create Reports using Microsoft PowerBI
· Create MS SQL Queries for ad-hoc analysis and to support reporting
· Update and maintain Microsoft Access applications, including coding in vba
· Manage Software development projects via the Agile process
· Consult with business units to define specifications for custom developments
· Test and quality assure the output from the web development team
· Write and update documentation
· Provide technical support to end users
In order to be successful, you must possess very strong quantitative and analytical abilities. In addition to your programming and data analysis duties, you manage programs and develop business solutions. Therefore, you must also have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be business-minded. It's important that you are able to work in teams and meet important deadlines.
· Showing excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Having a scientific, mathematical or computer science background
· Demonstrating database management skills
· Having experience in coding, SQL, Matlab, VBA or similar
· Have experience in creating visualisations
· Ability to proactively research answers to solutions and self-learn
· Ability to communicate effectively with multiple colleagues through the busines
Mitie Energy is a division of mitie with approximately 200 staff that delivers energy consultancy services to a large portfolio of customers. Our focus is on energy saving, reducing costs and carbon - we have a wide variety of tools to achieve this and this role concerns the design, build, maintenance and support of those tools.