We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for Time Served Machinists x40 for a 12-month contract based in Derby.
Purpose of the Role:
Our client is recruiting a number of skilled, time served machinists to assist in the manufacture of components for, and support the continued growth of, their civil aerospace division in Derby.
As a Time Served Machinist you will be responsible for:
- Working to Technical Instructions to deliver consistent, high quality machining and inspection across a variety of different components and product families
- Operating a variety of CNC machines including 3 to 5-axis mills and lathes or 5-axis grinders and EDMs
- Operating a variety of measuring equipment, including, Micrometers, plug gauges, and surface finish equipment.
- The interpretation of manufacturing drawings, customer drawings and written specifications and, understanding programmes
- Work within a team to effectively to ensure we hit our customer commitments.
What we require from the candidate:
- It is essential that candidates possess a recognised time-served apprenticeship within a Mechanical Engineering discipline, at either NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification
- Clear and demonstrated understanding of drawing interpretation, calibration, technical instruction and asset care
- An individual who is confident to work alone or part of a team and will strive to achieve delivery commitments
- Looking for candidates who are pro-active and patient individuals that are capable of managing their time effectively
- Someone who is confident and willing to partake in champion roles
This role will be on a:
3-shift (mornings / afternoons / nights) pattern between Monday and Friday
4-on 4-off (12 hour shifts, day or night) pattern between Monday and Sunday
If you are interested in applying for this time served machinist position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.