Huish House- Langport
We are seeking a Team Leader, to join the management team at Huish House, Langport that provides support to those with Learning Disabilities, Autism Spectrum Disorder and associated complex behaviours.
As a Team Leader you will be part of an inclusive team empowered to create innovative ways to support individuals to achieve their own personal goals and live fulfilling lives.
Your role will be to work alongside other team leaders and reporting directly to the service Manager; the Team Leader will oversee staff and provide assistance to the People we Support.
Tasks undertaken by the Team Leader may include:
- Shift Leading
- Developing / Updating Support Plans and Risk Assessments
- Overseeing professional assessments / health appointments
- Rota management
- Undertaking Support Worker Supervisions and Competency Assessments
- Providing care to the People we Support
- Managing the service in the absence of the Manager
- On call duties
- This is a shift based role that can include working on weekends, nights and bank holidays so flexibility is essential.
- A passion for delivering excellent customer service and a genuine desire to help people
- The ability to work well within a team
- The ability to work to robust, clear guidelines
- Experience in a senior role within the care industry, particularly with supporting people with a learning disability.
- Experience in managing, supervising, and developing a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Confident, articulate, and professional
- Keenness to learn in a fast-paced environment and creatively solve problems
- Desire to embrace our values and Ethos.
Driving Licence (preferred)
NVQ Level 3 Health & Social Care or willing to work towards
- Enhanced evening and weekend pay at an additional 50p per hour (Ts & Cs apply)
- Premium overtime rates at an additional £1 per hour (Ts & Cs apply)
- Funded Blue Light Card including lots of high street discounts
All applicants and subsequent job offers will be subject to satisfactory DBS checks and references.