This position supports the Talent Acquisition Manager in the delivery of the UKAEA Talent Acquisition strategy, as well as supporting hiring managers and Talent Acquisition Advisors / Co-ordinators through the end-to-end recruitment process. This includes understanding requirements to create suitable adverts to encourage consistency, whilst promoting equality and diversity, through to advising managers on their recruitment campaigns, giving shortlisting guidance, developing and recommending suitable assessment method/tools, arranging and supporting interviews through to making offers and guiding on rejections. The post holder will also contribute to the review, development and roll-out of recruitment processes and procedures to ensure diverse attraction, efficiency, compliance and fairness.
The Talent Acquisition Lead will manage the full recruitment cycle for lead/senior roles and will lead on and support projects and processes within some of the below specialisms:
* Management and negotiation of offers (coaching TA advisors on the lower-level cases)
* Visa and immigration sponsorship, legislation and queries
* Recruitment related assessments and tools
* Proactive candidate sourcing within scarce areas
* Attraction strategies via social media, events and other campaign tools
* Management of communities and talent pools
* Employer branding initiatives
Although there will be key areas of specialism, the post holder will be expected to have some understanding in all areas, working collaboratively with the other Talent Acquisition Lead to ensure a positive and seamless internal and external stakeholder recruitment experience.
* Lead on and support the talent acquisition team, people team and wider organisation as specialist/expert within some of the following areas: Pay and offer negotiations, visa and immigration, recruitment assessment tools/platforms, direct sourcing via social media, talent pools and other platforms, employee branding initiatives through targeted campaigns, recruitment events and management of preferred supplier lists (PSL). As lead/specialist within any of these areas you will be responsible for advising appropriately whilst leading on the planning and managing any associated processes or guidance. You will lead on the organisation and delivery of events and initiatives to ensure quality, effectiveness, efficiency and return on investment.
* Advise on and support hiring managers on a wide variety of aspects within the recruitment cycle for lead to senior level roles from role approval, writing adverts, appropriate attraction and selection strategies, shortlisting guidance, assessment/interviewing through to offer management. Ensuring best practice and compliance at all times.
* Provide training, coaching, guidance and support to hiring managers on the applicant tracking system, advising on recruitment best practice. Coach managers in best practice interviewing skills when interviewing with them and through formal training.
* Act as the independent/HR representative in interviews supporting all departments, ensuring good practice, awareness of any bias and good behavioural interviewing techniques.
* Provide relevant and timely management information - ensuring that managers can either access the information that they require via the applicant tracking system or that appropriate (intelligent) statistics are provided.
* Contribute to the review, development and improvements of recruitment processes and procedures to ensure diverse attraction, efficiency, compliance and fairness. Taking a lead on specific projects.
* Line management and supervision of work for Talent Acquisition Advisor and/or Talent Acquisition Coordinator and support in training and developing team members.
* Proactively contribute to identifying, achieving and reporting on recruitment targets such as reducing the time taken to recruit, cost of hire and improved diversity statistics (attraction to appointment).
* Work closely with and support/cover for other Talent Acquisition Lead when required; ensuring understanding and knowledge of other specialist areas
* Take an active role in being involved with wider organisation and strategic changes. Utilising input from strategic workforce planning and other wider projects and key stakeholders to build effective future talent pipelines where required.
* Proactively support UKAEA as an employer of choice, optimising and coordinating outreach activities to promote consistent communication of career opportunities and participating in careers fairs / virtual / social recruitment activities.
* Work as a Talent Acquisition team systems expert (Sharepoint/Marval/E-recruitment system) to ensure all critical information is stored and shared in line with GDPR, whist being user friendly to users.
* Responsible for understanding equality, diversity and inclusion and ensuring that this is considered within all responsibilities, including challenging inappropriate behaviour.
* Certificate in HR Practice/CIPD Foundation award in Resourcing Talent or equivalent formal qualifications
* Significant experience of leading on in-house/agency recruitment campaigns for multiple roles and disciplines.
* Experience of generating ideas and implementing into a strategy to enable delivery
* Ability to manage, train and develop talent acquisition team members
* Experience in taking technical briefs and translating into job descriptions/adverts
* Knowledge of all recruitment related employment law and best practice
* Experience of working with/coordinating an Applicant Tracking System
* Track record of making improvements to recruitment practices, gaining buy in for these changes and supporting/coaching managers to follow them
* Excellent communication skills - written and verbal
* Excellent interpersonal, influencing and customer service skills
Desirable (specialism specific):
* Knowledge of Immigration law, navigating the complexity of the procedure around VISA process and hiring foreign nationals
* Substantial knowledge and experience of recruitment assessment tools and methods
* Experience of using social media tools to develop employer brand and candidate sourcing
* Extensive experience of successfully using social media tools and search engines to develop employer brand and candidate sourcing with proven effective results
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.