Support Worker - Full time
Early, Lates, Nights, weekends and Bank Holidays.
Pay rate: £10.00
At Voyage Care we value the hard work and commitment of our colleagues by offering:
- Enhanced evening and weekend pay at an additional 50p per hour (Ts & Cs apply)
- Premium overtime rates at an additional £1 per hour (Ts & Cs apply)
Westbury House is a friendly residential care home where we support individuals with learning disabilities and physical disabilities. We also have experience of supporting people with Down's Syndrome, autism, schizophrenia, fragile X syndrome, depression and vascular dementia.
As a Support Worker at Westbury you will work with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities and physical disabilities to promote independence and support them to lead as fulfilling life as possible, incorporating both therapy based activities and social based activities.
Your duties will also include:
- Helping the people we support to learn new skills.
- Ensuring the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential.
- Supporting our clients to live as independently as possible.
- Providing personal care.
- Moving and handling needs
- Support with medication and complex clinical needs.
- Support to access activities and socialise with others.
- Blue card stats " Funded Blue Light Care including lots of high street discounts"
We offer a great range of benefits which include:-
1. Paid DBS** & Holidays
- Salary scale /progression if you want it
- Life insurance & Pension Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Retail rewards & savings
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend from Bonus (TCs apply) **
"Recommend a Friend Scheme which rewards £500 to £2000 T&C apply"
** Should your employment with Voyage Care terminate for any reason within the first 3 months of your employment start date, the full cost of the DBS will be repayable back to us. Deducted from your final salary.
"COVID19 safety is important to us all, we support our staff and the people we support to stay safe by wearing correct PPE, including Type IIR Fluid Resistant Surgical Masks (FRSM), aprons and gloves at all times. We have a in-house team that ensures that all of our services have plenty of PPE at all times. All care and support is carried out following the latest Government guidance. Our aim is to keep you and the people we support safe."
No experience is necessary as all of our staff receive training tailored to the needs of the people they support. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010