Job Title: Support Worker
Full time/Part time available
Service/Location: Crewe CW1 4AD
Pay Rate: £10.00 per hour
About the Job
We're looking to hire a compassionate full or part-time support worker for our new supported living property in Crewe, Chester. You'll receive full person-specific training to provide exceptional care and support for people with acquired brain injuries, mental health needs and complex care, helping them to achieve their goals through social-based activities. You'll be working as part of close-knit team with the full support of an experienced manager.
Throughout a typical day, you'll help the people we support with the everyday challenges of washing, dressing and eating. Crucially, enabling them to carry out tasks, chores and hobbies that most people take for granted but are really meaningful for your client. You'll be out and about, enjoying life together and no single day will be the same.
For Support Workers in this location, experience is desirable, however all of our staff will complete a full induction including one to one training and shadow shifts to give a deep understanding of the role while allowing you to get to know the people we support. This style of training allows the people we support get to know you and feel comfortable around you before you begin to support them.
As well as a rewarding role, and working with a fun and supportive team, we offer an exciting range of benefits:
- Employee discount app - discounts at leading retail stores including Argos and Asda, and leisure attractions, such as Alton Towers and Sea Life Centre.
- Blue Light Card - recognised discount card for hundreds of high street retailers, restaurants and cinemas.
- Free external counselling support and advice service available 24/7
- Paid training and induction
- Fund nationally recognised qualifications such as level three in Health and Social Care.
- We'll pay for your DBS checks
- Paid annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance policy - offering security for your loved ones
- Long service award - reward scheme marking 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of working with us.
- Refer a friend - receive £500 or refer three friends and receive £2,000. (Terms and conditions apply).
The individuals we support at this service enjoy a lot of community access, so confidence in lone working is essential. We are therefore looking for Support Workers with previous experience who can hit the ground running. However we will still provide a full training programme that is specific to the needs of the individuals we support.
You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend, night and Bank Holiday shifts. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010