The Strategic People Business Partner works in partnership with directors, managers, People colleagues and key stakeholders to develop and shape the people agenda, delivering people plans and solutions in line with the needs and priorities of the programmes/departments they support. Fulfilling the role of the people expert, they advise colleagues and managers by providing guidance on people management and development, leveraging the expertise of colleagues in the People Department to the benefit of the departments/programmes they support.
The Strategic People Business Partner supports change management, organisational design and development projects. Operating as a member of the department/programme Senior Management Team, they identify key people issues at an early stage and work pro-actively to develop strategies to address them, advising on subjects such as resourcing and capability, and managing people-related communications.
Working hand-in-hand with colleagues in the People Department, the Strategic People Business Partner ensures coherence and consistency with the broader UKAEA people agenda, ensuring that business intelligence informs that agenda.
· Responsible for supporting the Director of People and business directors in setting the department/programme people plans aligned to the department priorities and UKAEA mission and goals and ensuring current and future capability requirements are met.
· Act as the strategic People lead for assigned departments/programmes, including responsibility for managing and supporting strategic projects, from scoping and design to delivery and realisation. Projects will cover resourcing, defining goals and values, employee engagement projects, talent management and development.
· Support the recruitment and development of resources in the department/programme.
· Act as the strategic People champion, ensuring people projects receive programme and organisational buy in by influencing UKAEA senior management teams.
· Work with the People Development Manager and Talent Manager to establish a long term talent development plan for UKAEA that supports the department/programme, ensuring it aligns with the corporate strategy.
· Work closely with the People Development Manager to ensure departmental/programme L&D plans are designed and implemented, ensuring skills gaps are identified and mitigated.
· Contribute to developing the organisational strategy by ensuring that the people agenda is integrated into it, demonstrating a deep understanding of organisation strategy and direction.
· Responsible for working collaboratively with People Business Partners and colleagues across the wider People Department to produce and deliver an effective and efficient service, meeting programme needs.
· Work collaboratively with Trades Union colleagues and employee representative groups, influencing as appropriate.
· Champion diversity and inclusion in all aspects of the role
· Educated to degree level or demonstrable equivalent experience
· CIPD Qualified to L7 (Diploma)
· Extensive experience of business partnering at a strategic level in a complex environment
· Experience of advising on EDI, Pay and Reward, OD&D, ER and L&D
· Excellent people skills, including coaching and developing others
· Experience of developing strategic priorities and using those priorities to enable culture change
· Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
· Able to challenge robustly
· Creative in finding solutions to support the organisation to achieve its goals
· Highly motivated and collaborative
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.