Senior Project Manager (Inside IR35)
Contract Term: 3 Months (Possibility of extension)
Location: Remote with occasional travel to Cardiff office.
Are you a Senior Project Manager with experience of working on Change/Transformation Programmes? Have you previous experience of working on a Commercial project and have good understanding of procurement? If so, then we would love to hear from you to discuss an exciting opportunity with one of our public sector clients.
As a Senior Project Manager your main responsibilities would be:
- Take responsibility for the definition, documentation and safe execution of a single major project or a number of smaller initiatives or packages of work; actively participating in all phases of the project.
- Leads and manages an integrated project team to deliver collectively owned project objectives and outputs. Ensures that project team members are inspired to do their best.
- Manages issues, risks, constraints, dependencies and governance to enable the project to deliver the project objectives and outputs within its time, cost and quality parameters.
- Business Case - Co-ordinates development of a competent and properly composed Business Justification Case and supports the SRO in delivering the Business Justification Case objectives.
- Benefit Management and Realisation - Translates agreed business case benefits into project outputs and manages delivery of those outputs. Ensures benefits are identified, understood, measured, tracked and owned. Ensures an appropriate Benefits Realisation Strategy is in place.
- Stakeholder Management - Ensures that stakeholders are identified and that effective relationships are developed with them. Oversees stakeholder communications. Works collaboratively with the senior responsible owner to jointly manage senior stakeholders - especially the Board Sponsor who should be kept informed of key changes and involved in significant discussions.
- Change Management - Work's hand-in-hand with the change profession to ensure that project outcomes are landed effectively with the right stakeholders.
- RAID - Identify, assess and manages issues, risks, constraints, dependencies and governance to enable the project to deliver the project objectives and outcomes outputs within its time, cost and quality parameters. Manages project interdependencies.
- Planning and scheduling - Ensure realistic project and quality plans are prepared, maintained and tracked against the plan, providing regular and accurate reports to stakeholders. Use of Microsoft Project to a competent level is required.
You'll have relevant experience in:
- Experienced PM with demonstrable experince of working on Change/Transformation Projects
- Commercial experience - a good understanding of the commercial function - ITT (Invitation to Tender) /contract requirements/evaluation
- Experience of managing and the writing of Business Cases.
- Experience of managing large and complex projects of significant size, scale and to budget and quality and the management of third party suppliers and external bodies.
- Experience of issue and risk management and leading the definition and presentation of recommendations in the best interests of the organisation.
- The ability to work flexibly and be able to adapt/react effectively to changing project environments
- Previous experince of working in the Financial Services/Banking Sector
If this Senior Project Manager role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply and get in touch with .
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.