Senior Finance Adviser
£12.82 per hour
Monday - Friday 9-5
Hybrid role- must be able to get into Manchester office at least once week
Manchester city centre- Angel Square
We're looking for ambitious Senior Advisers to join Co-op's Finance team.
As a senior adviser, you'll manage all aspects of Electronic Trading Invoices (EDI), using your experience to onboard new suppliers and support with continuous live EDI traffic. We'll look to you to report and resolve any issues and ensure effective invoice processing.
If you are confident working in a fast-paced environment and have the passion for continuous improvement that we're after, then we can offer you a unique opportunity to grow and develop a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you'll do:
- manage and co-ordinate inbound invoice processing for EDI enabled suppliers (live and development) ensuring that invoices are received into the Co-op Network in a timely and efficient manner
- supervise traffic through the SNC system and troubleshoot any issues whilst collaborating closely with external suppliers, commercial supply chain and optimisation centre, tracking issues through to full resolution
- handle the effective onward processing of invoices through SNC, working cross functionally to resolve issues in line with GSCOP regulations
- lead on development projects and new initiatives, acting as the Subject matter expert and point of contact and resolution whilst making sure that all opportunities are fully realised
- regularly interact with internal partners reporting key performance measures to identify areas of improvement
- manage the continual review, planning and development of best practice, systems, processes and procedures to enable continued improvement that meets the needs of the business, whilst ensuring a balance between cost and efficiency
- build great relationships with colleagues and managers, ensuring that CBS objectives and high-quality service is provided at all times
- coach and mentor a small team, by sharing knowledge, experience and expertise in order to develop their abilities and behaviour
This role would suit people who have:
- a confident manner, you'll be representing the source to pay and EDI team across the business and with external partners
- excellent written and verbal communications skills, you'll be managing a wide-ranging supplier, customer and product portfolio
- an intermediate level of Excel Skills and a knowledge and understanding of EDI messaging protocol and systems
- the ability to work across multiple different trading businesses and systems, processing and interpreting large volume and complexity data
- prioritisation and problem-solving skills and can work withing a fast-paced environment
Building an inclusive work environment
We're actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.