In the UK, tens of thousands of people want to work but get ignored or passed over because of their identity or their history.
Resume Foundation exists to change this. We know how it feels from our own lived experience of marginalisation. We build unique programmes and partnerships that get overlooked candidates work-ready and into meaningful jobs or self-employment, transforming people’s lives and creating long-lasting social impact.
Resume Foundation has been awarded funding to deliver Skills Bootcamps in the West Midlands Combined Authority area. The programmes cover a range of skillsets aimed at upskilling West Midlands residents, meeting the demand of the current labour market skills gaps.
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior Employability Coach on a full-time basis to join our growing team. This position will be hybrid working, majority from home with in-person working as required. We would like the position to commence as soon as possible, with a projected start of January 2023.
The role would report to the Programme Manager, Becy Stanley. To apply, or any questions, please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Weekly tasks will include a mixture of the following:
· Identify barriers to employment and provide one-to-one employability support (online and face-to-face) to include some small group delivery.
· Effectively manage active caseload ensuring confidentially is maintained and awareness of participant journey can be demonstrated to relevant funders at any time.
· Assisting people to obtain and sustain training for employment that is consistent with their vocational goals.
· Actively engage participants to meet progression targets, ensuring they are fully supported to reach their goals.
· Meeting compliance targets set by both our funding provider and our internal compliance team; motivating your team to proactively adhere to contractual guidelines.
· Timely handling of referrals and candidate data, ensuring positive expectations are met.
· Due to delivery needs, Monday – Friday working hour flexibility is essential to programme delivery.
· Attending events held by Resume Foundation for our candidates and partner organisations (sometimes these can be outside of the core hours).
· Liaise with, and help develop, our network of referral partners.
· Supporting with the team’s day-to-day delivery and able to take on a level of responsibility for team productivity.
· Monitor feedback from programme participants to help further programme development.
· Assist in producing short reports on the programmes.
· Undertaking relevant training (GDPR, Safeguarding, Prevent).
· Help develop new learning materials and resources.
· Any other reasonable duties identified as the role develops.
The successful candidate will:
· Be motivated and passionate about helping others.
· Have experience in programme delivery and supporting unemployed and marginalised candidates.
· Demonstrate an inclusive attitude towards team members and candidates.
· Be confident in online engagement and able to use Teams/Zoom.
· Willingness to travel across West Midlands Combined Authority areas when required for business needs.
· Understanding of GDPR and the need for sensitivity in handling client data.
· Desirable to have previous experience of work related leadership or mentoring.
· Know how to use office IT systems, based on Microsoft products.
· Desirable to have previously worked on a CRM database.
· Be prepared to undergo in-the-job training.
· Understand and contribute to the work of Resume Foundation.
· Be able to develop and identify areas of improvement to our processes.
The role will link to the overall work undertaken within Resume Foundation, including some online support within our national Employability programme.
Successful applicant will be asked to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure.