The Senior Design Engineer would be responsible for the production and development of GRIP 4-5 Contract Design submission documentation together with all other associated documentation in the provision of a wide range of GRIP 4-5 schemes. Systems include but not limited to, LV DNO, LV Traction derived supplies, ETCS, Earthing & Bonding, Points Heating, IT 650V Signalling Power, REB's, Stations, Platform/Footbridge and Junction Lightning and 25kV substations domestic supplies.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work within a multi discipline team providing positive scope for carer development. The candidate will be working across several blue-chip projects including, Birmingham New Street, Crewe, ECML PSU 2 and TRU.
Ideally, where called for the post holder shall retain the competencies to undertake the role of Contractors Appointed Engineer (CRE) in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail regime.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project design team is best placed to deliver all Electrical AC, LV, ELV systems and Earthing and Bonding within time and budget whilst maximising the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities subject to Network Rail additional works process. He/She will be responsible for engaging, development and instructing design engineers to provide a first-class design service to the construction teams and helping our client achieve our growth ambitions and commitments.
The Senior Design Engineers shall be required to have a good understanding of HSEQ legislation and procedures and incorporate them into the design.
* To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
* Provide highly effective management for the Technical design team.
* Provide Design leadership for the design team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
* Have overall responsibility for the management of the preparation of all designs and technical reports.
* To review project-based risk register monitoring and reporting on changes in commercial risk and ensure that appropriate actions are taken to eliminate or mitigate the risks.
* To maintain effective communications with all project participants to ensure contract delivery.
* To ensure that all project designs are compliant with CDM Regulations and CSM RA Requirements.
* Develop synergy between different project design groups to offer services to clients that are both innovative and value for money.
* Undertake lessons learnt exercises to maintain value.
* Most economical design methodology.
Where called upon the post holder would also undertake the role of Contractors Appointed Engineer (CRE) in accordance with the requirements of Network Rail regime.
Engineering degree, preferable although no essential.
Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as an Incorporated Engineer.
Ideally hold an Authority To Work (AtW) in line with NRL2INI02009.
Knowledge & Experience:
A minimum of 10 years experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines.
In Depth Knowledge of Network Railway Electrification Infrastructure.
Demonstrable AC electrification and substation design experience/exposure.
Collaborative approach to project delivery.
Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures.
Proven safety management knowledge including CDM and CSM RA Requirements.
Energetic and hardworking individual with an ability to motivate teams.
Proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
Proven experience in such design work in a dynamic and challenging business environment.
Sufficient safety knowledge and skills in a technical and a very demanding working environment to ensure all designs meet legal safety requirements.
Good communication and interpersonal skills be able to effectively communicate and report at all levels
Proven experience within a Contracting or manufacturer industry will also be an advantage
Proven track record of success GRIP 3-5 design delivery
Specific Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities for this Post:
* Ensure the H&S of our clients Rail Electrification design activities.
* Minimise the impact of our clients Rail Electrification activities, products and services and ensure designs meet all environmental obligations.
* Ensuring the application of the business procedures are effectively implemented.
* Ensuring that health and safety risk assessments are undertaken, and the mitigations are implemented to reduce the risks to ALARP.
* Ensuring that environmental aspects of activities products and services are identified and adequately controlled.
* Operating within the framework of law, ensuring the competence of employees to work to appropriate statutory and business standards.
* Reviewing and implementing improvements in processes to reduce accidents and incidents.
* Implementing business processes that comply with statutory and other appropriate standards.
* Ensuring immediate directs are allocating sufficient resources for H&S and environmental requirements and they are keeping appropriate records.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.