Senior Cyber Security Engineer (Assurance, Architecture and Test)
Location: Flexible - Hybrid Working
12+ months (Scope to extend)
Excellent Rates (OUTSIDE OF IR35)
Our Client are market leaders across rail, road and logistics. They are pursuing the goal of networking various transportation systems with one another to move people and goods efficiently. Due to an influx in project workload, they now have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer to join the Rail Infrastructure Communication and Information Systems (CIS) business. Location is flexible but availability for face-to-face meetings is required.
The successful Cyber Security Engineer will play a lead role across the whole delivery lifecycle, including Security requirements management, security risk assessment, system security zoning and protection, development of security test strategies. The Cyber Security Engineer shall be expected to engage across the whole engineering lifecycle, working alongside product and solution development and project delivery teams. This role will help play a major part in delivering the safe and secured signalling and control systems that the business demands.
* Engaging with our clients' security teams to understand their wider security strategy, including process and assurance evidence and risk appetite.
* Specification and maintenance of security requirements for projects. Support for meeting international and regional security standards and regulations (like NIS, IEC62443, WIB, NERC-CIP) in the project.
* Developing architectures that compartmentalise systems into zones and conduits and identifying security controls required to provide adequate protection.
* Evaluation of third-party components regarding product & solution security.
* Planning and performing threat and risk analysis and definition of countermeasures in line with risk acceptance criteria of organisation.
* Compilation and review of artefacts produced during the development and engineering process regarding product & solution security.
* Verification of implementation regarding security requirements (e.g., as part of system test, factory, or site acceptance test).
* Validation to ensure that implementation fulfils security expectations of customers.
* Support to build up required competencies for product & solution security.
* Representing security engineering within project milestone and stage gate reviews.
* Collection of security related lessons learned to feed into continuous improvement activities.
* Involvement in the analysis and response to security vulnerabilities & incidents.
The Ideal Candidate
* Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering, scientific or numerate discipline.
* Experience in providing security engineering leadership in a demanding Operational Technology environments
* Proven practical experience of applying IEC 62443 standard series.
* Understanding and practical experience of applying CENELEC standards.
* Preferably have at least one of the following: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional (CSSLP), or CESG Certified Professional (CCP)
* Experience in mentoring and developing other engineers
* Excellent communication skills and the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
For more information, a full Job Description and also for immediate consideration, please apply by sending your CV to Jake Parker at Rullion: or contact me on 0161 926 1749
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd. Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.