Job title: Senior Commercial Manager
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: Immediate
Duration: Up to Dec 2023 (Extension possible beyond this)
Pay rate: £395.00/day PAYE or £521.20/day Umbrella
Hours of work: Monday - Friday, 40 hours per week
Applicants should be able to demonstrate of the following skills/experience:
- Educated to Degree Level.
- Demonstrate a proven track record of administrating contracts to successful outcomes.
- Good understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change and claim management.
- Experience of working within a regulated environment.
- Member or progressing to membership of an applicable profession body (RICS/CICES/IOB).
- An understanding of the UK Regulatory Framework.
- Ensuring all Principal Accountabilities for the contract commercial team are implemented in accordance with commercial procedures.
- Ensuring that stakeholder expectations are met regarding commercial probity, value and that the supply chain is treated fairly and equitably.
- Leading in the engagement with the supply chain based on collaborative working principles and applying the skills of supporting, coaching, enabling and facilitating team members through change; thereby building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing a key scope of work in the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase - including the management of change via Compensation Events.
- Overseeing contract commercial relationships. Work with collaborative behaviours in a spirit of mutual trust and cooperation. Seeking to achieve equitable outcomes for all parties to facilitate early commercial close-out of contentious topics.
- Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team; ensuring people are aware of the needs of a strong nuclear safety culture.
- Professional development of self and people within the team.
- Responsibilities under the approved Supply Chain Policy managing contracts and being a direct interface with the supply chain to ensure an embedded nuclear safety culture; the right level of oversight, control and surveillance of contractor activities are set up and the supply chain.
- Reporting and providing support to a Supply Chain Lead including assessing the scope, duration and expected value of each of the Contracts against the Contract Authorised Sum (CAS) and defining the commercial requirements of a contract.
- Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post award) to maximise operational and financial performance and minimise commercial risk.
- Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (closeout). Senior Commercial Managers must provide commercial support to Senior Project Managers and Project Managers in the effective delivery of the contract and ensure formal completion and closure of all the Project Contracts, identification and recording of commercial lessons Learnt.
- Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with relevant requirements; always operating in accordance with Integrated Management System (IMS) rules and procedures to ensure that contracts are administered within delegation of authority and the overall governance/assurance regime.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.