We are currently working in partnership with United Utilities, the UK's largest listed water company providing regulated water & wastewater network in the North-West. The team are looking to recruit a Security Desk Operator to join them on a 6-month contract basis initially, the role is based at United Utilities' fantastic head office in Great Sankey, Warrington.
You will be part of a team of six security desk operators in the United Utilities Integrated Control Centre working on a rotating shift system to ensure twenty-four-hour coverage of the security desk. As an operator, you will be responsible for providing an effective, efficient, and responsive service, investigating and dispatching security alarms to United Utilities field personnel. You will also be responsible for providing support and technical information as required in all areas of the business.
- Monitor CCTV images and carry out diagnostic checks on our security systems and alarms using audio, video and alarm evidence
- Following alarm management protocols and procedures to provide this information to field staff in a clear and concise way, ensuring we respond in the correct way to alarm incidents
- Ensure alarms are dealt with in accordance with the strict SLA guidelines
- Maintain reliable, accurate and correct records of actions taken for the auditable trail (this includes the management, handling and storage of data securely)
- Monitor access / egress movements to ensure the highest level of on-site security, as well as maintain security into and out of the Control Room
- Liaise with external agencies, such as the Police, to ensure we follow the correct response to any verified security alarms
- Guide field staff and managers on security incidents and breaches to ensure they are acted upon in the right way during an incident (including supporting crime scene management)
- Proactively testing our security systems, logging such records and raising any field work. This will include proactive camera 'walk tours' to review any suspicious activities
- Responding to key 'incident management' issues including the reservoir hot line, the Heysham nuclear phone line and the red emergency line
- Out of hours, the Team will be responsible for the diversion of the Accident Incident Reporting (AIR) Line for emergency situations
- Dealing with requests from the public and/or the Police & Security Manager for CCTV footage (in line with data protection act legislation and the Information Commissioners Office)
- Assist and support any preparations for the emergency evacuation plans of the Control Room
- Respond to any requests for access to United Utilities security images (including completion of the necessary subject access request form)
- Participate in any necessary audits and accreditation reviews of the Security Desk
- Monitor the company telematics system and escalate any issues accordingly. Monitor the company lone worker system and escalate any issues accordingly.
To succeed in this role, you will have the following:
- A flexible and adaptable approach to working ideally with experience of shift and lone working
- Excellent team working skills, able to work alone but also as part of a wider Team
- Experience of working in a busy environment; capable of dealing with stressful situations
- Able to interpret and analyse technical data and communicate this clearly and concisely
- Strong organisational capability, coupled with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of the 'Data Protection Act' policies and statutory compliance
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent and polite telephone manner
- Excellent security awareness.
- Experience of service or customer care skills.
We'd love to hear from you if you are excited about joining a leading FTSE100 organisation at an exciting and challenging period of change. Working from our head office where you will find innovative science labs and award-winning contact centres, along with on-site free parking and a free bus service, restaurants and coffee shops, beautiful gardens and lake and discounted on-site gym and much more!
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Barring Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.