Security Assurance Co-Ordinator - Inside IR35
Contract Term: 9 months
Contracting Authority: MOD
Location: Hybrid - Corsham 2-3 days per week
The Ministry of Defence (MOD) is a central government department with a mission to protect our country and provide the ultimate guarantee of its security and independence, as well as helping to protect its values and interests abroad.
To do this we have an annual budget of almost £40 billion and a workforce comprising 193,000 people, almost 59,000 of whom are civilians. We currently manage more than £11 billion of spend every year.
Our work really matters; we offer engaging roles which have a direct impact on the quality of services we provide. We employ people in many different roles and in many locations across the UK and abroad. We have jobs in policy, finance, HR, IS/IT, commercial and project management and all the types of jobs you would expect to find in a government department, or indeed in the private sector. We also employ doctors, dentists, teachers, police, fire service, quantity surveyors, and engineers to name a few. There are many opportunities to develop and progress both within MOD and across the wider Civil Service, whether you're a permanent appointee or an interim.
This role will be required to support the Fixed Connectivity team and associated services.
As a Security Assurance Co-Ordinator your main responsibilities would be:
- Providing security advice to projects, including managing risk assessments and assessing related mitigations.
- Developing and staffing risk balance cases to be endorsed by the Senior Responsible Owner.
- Positively engaging with and managing the day-to-day relationship between Cyber Defence and Risk (CyDR) and the project team, including applying CyDR's security principles to the projects.
- Liaising with and guiding, as appropriate, the supplier teams, reviewing and accepting security documentation in a timely manner.
- Experience in the assurance of project security plans and artefacts in line with customer requirements and standards, such as Security Risk Assessments and creation and development of security associated artefacts.
- A proven track record within the provision of advice and guidance, either acting as a Security Assurance Co-ordinator or providing support against relevant security policy frameworks across the relevant security domains.
- A competent understanding with Risk Management Frameworks such as NIST, ISO27001.
- Experience of implementing security strategies, policies and supporting documentation.
- A proven track record in the Implementation and Delivery of network architecture supporting government departments in the provision of technical support.
- SC Clearance is an essential requirement for this role, as a minimum you must be eligible and willing to undergo these checks.
If this role sounds like something that you would be interested in, please click the link to apply or email
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.