Site Reliability Engineer - Inside IR35
Contract Term: 12 months
Contracting Authority: Government Digital Service (GDS)
Location: Hybrid - London
At the Government Digital Service (GDS), our mission is to build a simple, joined-up and personalised experience of government for everyone. Using our unique position at the centre of government, we develop services that work for the user, however complex the underlying systems may be. We believe that ensuring things work for end users is the only way to realise the efficiencies that come with digital transformation.
Our focus is on delivering five missions in the following areas:
- GOV.UK as the single and trusted online destination for government information and services
- Joined-up services that solve whole problems and span multiple departments
- A simple digital identity solution that works for everyone
- Common tools and expert services
- Joined-up data across departments
The Digital Service Platforms (DSP) programme provides a range of shared services, solving common problems across government. DSP services support critical infrastructure and deliver essential services used by millions of people every day, playing a vital role in digital transformation across the public sector. DSP has been more valuable than ever during the COVID-19 crisis, where our products made it easier and cheaper to create the essential services the public need, fast.
This role operates on a Hybrid basis with 1-2 days per week required on site in London. It will also require Out Of Hours working, with 1 week in 5 on call between the hours of 17:00 and 09:00 plus weekends for P1 incidents only.
- Experience with Cloud Foundry, BOSH and Concourse.
- Experience with Go.
- Experience with Terraform.
- Experience of GitHub and GitHub Actions.
- Experience with UNIX-like operating systems and technologies used for web applications.
- The ability to demonstrate a working familiarity with at least one other programming language
- An active SC Clearance is an essential requirement for this role.
"In applying for this role you acknowledge the following; this role falls in scope of the Off Payroll Working in the Public Sector legislation. Any rates of payment quoted will reflect the gross rate per day for the assignment, and will be subject to appropriate taxes and statutory costs. As such the payment to the intermediary and your income resulting from this contract will be different."
Please be aware that this role can only be worked within the UK and not Overseas.