We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Business Analyst for a 12 Months contract based in Derby, Bristol or Hybrid.
Purpose of the Role:
We are looking for a skilled Business Analyst to join our IT Team based in Bristol. This role will be accountable for delivering business analysis activities to support multiple future programmes for Defence. The role must take a holistic approach across Future Programmes. This is an opportunity to be an integral part of an evolving IT practice that delivers the most efficient and effective combination of processes, data, applications and technology to deliver business capabilities that enable company to execute its vision, values, and strategy.
As a Business Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Support the business analysis activities across all Future Programme IT initiatives including stakeholder management, requirements gathering, business process analysis
- Responsible for taking a holistic approach to gather requirements to common business problems within all Future Programmes, such as cross-partner secure communication, collaboration, information exchange, secure access, application requirements, data requirements etc
- Responsible for influencing and collaborating on business analysis activities with external partners on all UK Future Programmes
- Compliance with governance across Future Programmes governance boards and providing input to Defence IT/Central IT governance to ensure that the Future Programmes delivers the desired business outcomes and benefits to Defence
- Collaborate with the Business Partners, Enterprise and Data Architects to ensure requirements and solutions developed drive forward the multi-year Digital capability roadmap aligned to Future Programmes business priorities and outcomes
- Collaborate with vendors and industry leaders to identify strategic and innovative uses of technology to address business challenges/opportunities and close capability gaps
- Support project implementation and business change activities
What we require from the candidate:
- Knowledge of the defence industry would be preferred but not essential
- Business Analysis qualification or relevant experience in a broad range of business analysis skills, such as requirements gathering and engineering, user story development, personas, business process modelling, workshop facilitation
- Experience of Information Management
- Experience of working in an Agile environment
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work with senior business stakeholders (board level) and bring technical concepts and roadmaps to life.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.