We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
A British outsourcing organisation with bases throughout the UK, Continental Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and North America. Our client specialises in 5 key sectors: Defence, Justice and Immigration, Transport, Health and Citizen services
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a SAP Project Manager for a 3 months - possibility of extension contract based remotely.
Purpose of the Role:
The Senior Technical Delivery Manager will be responsible for successfully delivering large & complex IT work-packages, including supporting pre-sales, analysis, cross functional development and systems integration. The Senior Technical Delivery Manager owns the IT solution delivery and is ultimately responsible for the delivery of the cost, quality, and timely delivery of the IT solution. They will oversee all internal delivery teams as well as any external partners/suppliers delivering as part of the IT work-package.
As a SAP Project Manager you will be responsible for:
- Manages delivery of large and complex IT work-packages requested as part of a wider Business Project or Programme
- Ensure that IT deliverables are to the required standard of quality, within the constraints of time and cost as defined as part of IT work-package definition document (WDD)
- End to end IT delivery from acceptance of the request by MyTechnology through to work-package close down
- Controlling the scope of the work-package, ensuring all changes are managed effectively
- Responsible for overall progress and use of resources, and initiation of corrective action where required
- Management of delivery team and 3rd parties (where applicable)
- Manage risk, assumptions, issues and dependencies to MyTechnology standards
- Effective communication - regular and consistent - to the business unit project/programme manager (where applicable) and the BU Delivery Partner
- Responsible for ensuring IT delivery outputs are fully supported within the relevant MyTechnology teams and that appropriate sign off is achieved
- Provide information to support quality and compliance audits as required
- Drive the speed of delivery through daily calls with project team recording all actions and escalating issues as appropriate
- Produce work-package reports as required and ensure copies are stored in shared drives (SharePoint/Teams)
- Compliance with all DSO Governance e.g. Weekly reporting, gate reviews, lifecycle reviews, lesson learned. Project OnLine to be kept up to date to facilitate central reporting.
What we require from the candidate:
- SAP Knowledge, Prince2. Worked on big projects
- Prince 2/ PM Qualifications
This client will only accept workers operating via an <Umbrella> or <PAYE> engagement model.
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business