We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for a Regulatory Operations Analyst to work in their Birmingham team on an initial 6 month contract on a PAYE basis.
Overview of the role:
Global Network Management (GNM) is responsible for managing external entity relationships (DB branches, Central Securities Depositories and Third parties) on behalf of Deutsche Bank entities globally, across all major business lines. GNM aims to provide a competitive network management service, balancing agent network cost, quality and risk factors in line with business requirements.
As a Regulatory Operations Analyst your Key responsibilities will be:
The GNM Birmingham Team are a regulatory and control hub that act on behalf of the global team, responsibilities include:
- Manage and complete remote reviews (due diligence) for cash and securities relationships maintained by Deutsche Bank globally. The reviews seek to identify, assess, monitor and mitigate market, custodian and operational risk.
- Manage a global re-certification of all depot and nostro accounts globally both externally with the external entity network and internally with all business owners. These reconciliations ensure the GNM Team meet expectations of both the Nostro Depot Account Governance Policy implemented by Treasury and satisfy audit and regulatory requirements for the on-going monitoring and control of accounts.
- Responsible for collating, processing, analysing and validating the Fees and Invoices received from the external entity network.
- Oversight, control and reporting ensuring adherence to multiple regulatory obligations, not limited to MiFID II and CASS.
The GNM Birmingham Team have a strong relationship and work closely with the GNM Accounts Team based in India, who manage the opening and closing of all nostro and depot accounts under all of the external entity relationships globally, as well as supporting control and monitoring of the account network.
Due to the different work streams, the GNM Birmingham team welcome flexible and adaptable candidates who will gain a range of experience.
Your skills and experience
- You will work with the global external entity network, internal DB Business Owners and internal Operations teams, to ensure successful completion of re-certifications in line with the agreed schedule, establishing strong relationships and effectively managing escalations.
- You will help to ensure the team meet all regulatory obligations and reporting requirements (particularly CASS and MiFID II).
- You will also work in close collaboration with the GNM team, Global Reconciliation Group (GRG), Nostro Management (NM) and the Treasury Team to investigate and resolve any reconciliation discrepancies, to ensure the successful completion of the re-certifications in line with the agreed annual schedule and also to address adhoc queries.
- You will work closely with the senior management team to help compile presentations/ MIS/ reporting for on-going projects and initiatives. You will operate effectively within tight time frames and provide support and cover where required for team members.
- You will respond promptly and effectively to adhoc queries and investigations focused on resolving account re-certification inconsistencies
- All training will be provided to the successful candidate
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant. For more information on Giant.
Apply on employer's website