Project Management Assistant.
Do you have an interest in the development of the future of low carbon energy?
Do you have a passion for science analysis?
We are looking to recruit an Project Management Assistant in our robotics division for an initial term of 12 months (rolling contract), to support the activities of UKAEA's mission to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technology and position the UK as a leader in sustainable nuclear energy.
The Project Management Assistant is accountable for providing support to project managers in an area of great importance to the Authority. To help ensure RACE projects are completed on time and within budget they will work with project managers to ensure the implementation and success of the RACE program.
They will be expected to provide support with document management, to maintain databases and other tools in support of performance reporting and management, budgeting and manpower resourcing across projects being executed in a matrix management approach.
The successful candidate will enjoy a fast-paced, challenging work environment in a key position that focuses on supporting the delivery of projects across the RACE portfolio.
1. Project Management Process
Develop and maintain and operate project processes and registers including:
* Risk management, risk register
* Change management, change register
* Interface management
* Support with development of project plans
* Project financial controls
* Management of export compliance controls system
2. Document Control
Control and management of project and technical documentation, on conventional windows files structure, SharePoint, and UKAEA / customer document management systems.
3. Project Reporting
Play a key role in reporting data across the RACE projects portfolio including the following tasks, all of which require liaison with the project managers, technical teams, and project finance manager:
* Preparation of monthly reports
* Preparation of quarterly reports
* Assist project / programme managers in preparation for board meetings
4. Resource Management
* Production and maintenance of team job cards
* Maintenance of team holiday planner
* Management of overtime requests
5. Project Administration
* Organisation of meetings
* Record of minutes / actions from meetings
* Coordination and support for team travel
6. Administrative Support to Site Management Team
* Organisation of site access requests
* Staff RACE reception (job share with other staff)
* Coordination and support to site management team
Essential Aptitudes and Experience
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook
* Experience in document management
Beneficial Aptitudes and Experience
* Experience of modern document management systems
* Experience of modern collaborative working platforms (e.g. JIRA)
* Understanding of the engineering design process, including design reviews and data management
* Development of tools to assist with project management
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.