We are AMS. We are a global total workforce solutions firm; we enable organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) is one of our service offerings; we act as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provide professional interim and temporary resources.
Our client is a globally respected engineering organisation, providing white collar, Blue collar and engineering services to many sectors including energy, aerospace, marine and defence. They are committed to innovation and the continual pursuit of improvement, and with a brand holding over 100 years of service they are now developing their technology capabilities, venturing into new markets and building their customer base further.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Programme Manager for a 6 months contract based in United Kingdom.
Purpose of the Role:
The Programme Manager oversees multiple projects as part of the EMT IT Programme. Work collaboratively with the Solution Manager, other Programme/Project Managers, Business Stakeholders, IT vendors and the Business Readiness Ream to ensure successful project delivery for cost, schedule, scope and benefits.
As a Programme Manager you will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a Programme Schedule - Updating regularly and reporting out progress to the Solution Manager and other senior stakeholders.
- Working with Project Managers to ensure their projects are in line with the programme delivery.
- Providing regular updates to Communication for the Solution Manager, and other senior stakeholders.
- Provide Financial data on a weekly basis to track progress of the programme. To be captured in the Clarizen tool.
- Providing project oversight identifying gaps and facilitating effective communication channels and escalation paths for project managers, solution architects and senior stakeholders
- Ensuring each project remains compliance with the Engineering & Manufacturing project delivery process.
- Backfilling for project managers within the programme as appropriate.
What we require from the candidate:
- Leading multiple projects within a programme.
- Project Management methods - planning, risk and issue management, etc
- Financial management and commercial awareness
- Vendor management and procurement expertise
- Team management, communications skills
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Please note that due to recent changes in Off Payroll (IR35) legislation, our client only operates with contractors that operate via a PAYE or Umbrella model. We are unable to accept applications from candidates wishing to operate under their own Limited Company.
AMS, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business.