sensitive/confidential nature of the information handled whilst working in this position. Responsibilities, Activities & Duties Probation Officers may be required to undertake any combination, or all, of the duties and responsibilities set out below.
- To provide professional advice and assessment, including written reports to courts, the Parole Board, other criminal justice agencies and partner organisations
- To undertake the full range of offender management tasks with offenders assessed at all levels of risk of serious harm including high and very high.
- To use computer based systems to produce, update and maintain records and other documentation within agreed timescales
- To ensure timely and effective referrals to, and relationships between, offender management, court teams, victim contact units, interventions, Approved Premises, prisons and external agencies to enhance positive outcomes, manage risk and reduce reoffending
- To attend professional meetings and represent the NPS at appropriate partnership forums e.g. MAPPA, MARAC
- To work collaboratively with colleagues, maintain effective team relationships and provide professional guidance and support to Probation Services Officer (PSOs) and other staff as appropriate
- To provide cover within your team and to other teams as required
- To undertake prison, home or other alternate location visits as required
- Respond to risk escalation requests raised by Community Rehabilitation Companies, determine risk level and if high risk (endorsed by a manager) decide on how this will be managed NPS-JES-0032Probation Officerv5.0
- To deliver and co-lead accredited programmes commensurate with grade
- To conduct mandatory alcohol and drug tests as required, and to follow prescribed medication procedures
- Carry out safeguarding children duties in accordance with the NPS statutory responsibilities and agency policies
- Demonstrate pro-social modelling skills by consistently reinforcing prosocial behaviour and attitudes and challenging anti-social behaviour and attitudes.
- To work within the aims and values of NPS and NOMS The duties/responsibilities listed above describe the post as it is at present and is not intended to be exhaustive. The Job holder is expected to accept reasonable alterations and additional tasks of a similar level that may be necessary. Significant adjustments may require re-examination under Job Evaluation and shall be discussed in the first instance with the Job Holder.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Callum Graham
Adecco acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and an employment business for the supply of temporary workers. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.