This position is placed within the Systems Engineering Department, in the Requirements, V&V and Safety Team. The Systems Engineering Department supports core technology development, demonstrates technology at system level, develops and exploits system IP and jointly develops product systems for commercialisation with our partners. The Requirements, V&V and Safety Team focuses on developing and managing requirements, V&V plans and safety strategies for Ceres' stacks, systems, and test stands, as well as ensuring these comply with the relevant standards. Key tasks are as follows:
- Analysis of hazards for fuel cell / electrolysis stacks, systems, and test stands
- Preparation of safety case arguments and technical documentation
- Preparation and delivery of safety tech transfer to OEM development partners
- Management of third-party approvals or certification processes
- Understanding of regulatory requirements for relevant markets
- Development of hazard mitigation strategies and identification of safety requirements
- Collaboration with internal development teams and external safety consultant to develop safety management plans and safety strategies
- Support of Systems Engineering function in integration of systems safety processes with system design, development, and V&V processes, Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Knowledge of systems safety management processes, tools, and techniques including, but not limited to, HAZOP, HAZID, LOPA
- Good understanding and experience of systems engineering principles including the V-cycle
- BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng in Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or related disciplines
- Experience in working on complex, multidisciplinary systems in a relevant industry
- Experience of formal certification/approval of a complex system (e.g. fuel cells, automotive, aerospace, chemical plants)
- Experience with risk management tools (e.g. FMEA)
- Understanding of principles of thermodynamics, mechanical design, process design, electrical/electronic systems, and demonstrated ability to utilise them to communicate safety requirements to development engineers
- Experience with problem resolution tools and techniques (e.g. Root Cause Analysis, 8D)
- Experience in using a commercial requirements management tool (e.g. Cognition Cockpit, DOORS)
- Working knowledge of functional safety standards (e.g. IEC 62282, IEC 61508, ISO 26262, IEC 61511) and their real-world application
- Working exposure to safety aspects related to Electrostatic Hazards, Dust / Gas / Vapour Explosions, Flammability Solids / Liquids / Gases, Hazardous Area Classification, Explosive atmospheres
Speak to Jordan Steele today
Associate Consultant at Rullion email@example.com Connect with Jordan on LinkedIn Call Jordan on 0161 926 1735 View Profile Apply Now Save Job Remove
This permanent vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd. Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base, from small start-ups to large household names.