Principal Test and Commissioning Engineer (Tester in Charge)
Nationwide - Hybrid (Part Remote, Part done from any office location, Part site based)
Competitive Rate (Outside of IR35)
Long-term contract opportunity
Reporting to the Test and Commissioning Manager, the successful Principal Test and Commissioning Engineer will help to develop and will also undertake test and commissioning activities to deliver the test and commissioning engineering elements of Station Information Security Systems (SISS) Telecoms assigned from a Nationwide portfolio of SISS projects.
What are my Responsibilities?
* Reporting to the CIS FT T&C Manager, the Principal Test and Commissioning Engineer will manage delivery of all CIS FT test related activities to the agreed time, cost, quality and performance requirements within an assigned regional project area portfolio.
* Supervise Telecoms test and commissioning engineering activities to deliver system
development and implementation, including sub-contractors and test equipment.
* Undertake the role of Lead Tester In Charge (L-TIC) for SISS Testing
* Regularly reporting assigned test and commissioning task progress and status to the Test Manager.
* Production and implementation of their assigned regional test and commissioning documentation
deliverables to meet project Test Strategy requirements.
* Plan test and commissioning facility/equipment requirements and working areas
* Provide test and commissioning knowledge to the business to assist projects during testing phase
* Support estimating for engineering projects and tenders with regard to test and commissioning
engineering resources, plans, technology, risk and process.
* Witness testing where necessary, review and sign off test results to confirm successful completion.
* Identifying and reporting any project scope change to the designated PE and/or Test Manager
* Maintain and develop own professional competence and encouraging and assisting persons working under their supervision similarly.
* Ensure that persons working under their supervision are briefed on their duties and competent to
carry out tasks assigned to them and that they accept personal responsibility for work done.
* Ensure the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and work instructions are applied
throughout the test and commissioning engineering life cycle.
* Application of standard test and commissioning documentation and specifications to support Fixed
Telecoms test and commissioning needs
* Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered in accordance with Safety and Quality procedures and meet all applicable legislative, safety and customer requirements.
* Ensure Fixed Telecoms test and commissioning tasks are delivered and undertaken in accordance
with customer Health and Safety procedures and requirements
The Ideal Candidate has:
Detailed knowledge of a substantial proportion of the following:
o Station Information and Security System CCTV, PA, Help Point
o Driver Only Operation (Mirror, CCTV, Monitor)
o IP Networking
o Network switches and routers
o Voice Over IP
o Public Emergency Telephone System
* HNC/HND/BSc/BEng or equivalent in relevant subject
* IRSE License in relevant category (Telecoms Systems Tester)
* Proven experience in PICOT or TIC role for Safety Related Telecoms and SISS projects
* An engineering background with previous experience in a relevant Telecoms test and
commissioning engineering environment.
* Supervision and delivery of test and commissioning tasks for implementation projects within the
Main Line, Mass Transit and Light Rail environment.
* Proven success leading and motivating a team of test and commissioning engineers for effective
test and commissioning of telecommunications systems.
* Experience and knowledge of implementation project engineering processes covering testing and
* Proven flexibility in the role as it requires an element of travelling and unsociable hours working
which may include night working, weekend working and bank holiday working.
* Proven experience of supervising delivery of SISS systems test and commissioning activities in the rail environment
For more information, a full Job Description and also for immediate consideration, please apply by sending your CV to Jake Parker at Rullion: or contact me on 0161 926 1749
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd. Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.