We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for a Principal Auditor - Cross Divisional Operations (CDO) to work in their Global Internal Audit team based in London on a PAYE basis. The role is hybrid with 2 days per week in the Canary Wharf office. The contract is initially 6 months with scope for extension.
This role reports to the Principal Audit Manager for CDO in the UK region - who in turn reports to the Global Chief Auditor for CDO.
The candidate will work with management and staff within Group Audit and as part of the UK and wider global CDO team to deliver audits performed regionally and globally within the CDO Utilities. The team also provides SME support for colleagues in other audit teams on Operational controls as part of the holistic 'front to back' audit review process
- Proactively execute day-to-day audit work, including audit planning, fieldwork and reporting.
- Document process flows, identify risks, assess controls and perform audit testing.
- Track and validate closure of internal audit issues and regulatory observations.
- Contribute to the continuous monitoring of the CDO environment, periodic update of auditable area risk. assessments and contribute to the annual audit planning process as required.
- Work on ad hoc projects including methodology enhancements and regulatory inquiries.
- Pro-actively develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and other Infrastructure support areas. Work in an integrated manner with fellow team members both locally and globally.
- Complete all work assignments on a timely basis - including planned audits, ad hoc projects and special investigations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in an Internal Audit role covering Operations or front to back business processes.
- Experience in operational processing, Corporate & Investment Banking (Market Activities and Transaction Banking) business lines, Operational risk, Compliance or related role is advantageous to the role.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within Group Audit and with stakeholders.
- Flexible, pro-active, self-sufficient with the ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment and deliver under tight deadlines.
- A firm commitment to maintaining the highest professional and ethical standards - and the ability to professionally uphold and demonstrate audit methodology, best practices and DB policies when challenged.
About the client
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank.
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant.