Group Audit (GA) is seeking a Principal Auditor (PA) to join the Corporate Bank audit team. The role will include helping to drive enhanced coverage of Conduct risk and supervision processes globally through Group Audits responsibility's under the Market Conduct Remediation Programme. This role will also primarily focus on the auditable areas under the Corporate Bank and therefore any experience of Corporate Bank related products and services is preferable
We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for an Auditor to work in their London team based on an initial 6 month contract on a PAYE basis.
Overview of the role:
This role will be based in London and will report directly to a Principal Audit Manager (PAM) -Corporate Bank UK.
As an Auditor your Key responsibilities will be:
- Support the PAM-Corporate Bank UK undertaking audit assignments, drafts audit issues /reports for review by audit management, facilitates issue tracking and validates closure of findings.
- Executes day-to-day operational audit work and contributes to the delivery of audits
- Executes audit fieldwork in line with the agreed audit approach e.g. documenting Process Flows, identification of key risks, controls, test plans and testing of key controls to determine whether they are properly designed and are operating effectively and documenting work in accordance with Group Audit(GA) standards.
- Completes all assigned work in line with agreed budgets, including ad hoc projects and special investigations.
- Provide input to the risk assessments and approaches in relation to conduct topics
- Partner across other audit teams globally (in particular Compliance and the Investment Bank) to ensure comprehensive audit coverage and integrated approach to key risk topics
- Proactively develops and maintains professional working relationships with colleagues, the business and respective support areas.
- Communicates openly with GA management and the internal stakeholders; keeps them informed of potential issues and escalate problems/delays accordingly.
- Keeps abreast of pertinent industry, regulatory and business practices.
- Deliver and sustain own performance against key objectives in the context of functional strategies
- Support the development of an environment where people management anddevelopment is the number one priority
Your skills and experience
- Knowledge and experience of financial services particularly Investment Banking products, coupled with familiarisation of working within the operational requirements and regulatory environment of a global Bank
- Thorough understanding of global banking control environment and compliance issues in the banking/finance industry in particular conduct and Front Office control topics.
- Knowledge of the revolving credit facilities and structured transaction loan products
- Profound knowledge of auditing standards and concepts
- Professional credentials, including degree level education, a Masters Degree and a relevant professional qualification
- A proven track record of meeting client needs in a financial services environment.
- Proven communication and presentation skills
- Unquestionable personal integrity and ethics
- Excellent team working capabilities and an ability to build strong business and team relationships
- Strong strategic/analytical thinking
- Strong project management and planning skills
- The capacity to respond to and support positive change
- Continuing development of technical expertise
- Experience in using data analytics to perform audit testing
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant. For more information on Giant.