6 Month Initial Contract
Our client are looking to expand their current Planning team, by adding an additional Possession Planning Engineer to support with delivering all aspects of Engineering Access Planning, ensuring the safe, efficient, and cost-effective planning of engineering access. Deliver the co-ordinated planning, resourcing, and implementation of engineering access in accordance with project timescales and industry standards. To effectively manage resources including quality, safety, time, costs, people, materials, and tools / equipment
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
- Responsibility for delivery of engineering access safely, to time and within budget
- Endure the safety culture is authentic zero accident / incident
- Responsibility for planning all track access activities and managing the required resources
- Responsibility for compliance with appropriate legislation and standards
- Ensure that all resources hold appropriate qualifications / licences
- Ensure rework cycles on projects are minimised and lesson learnt are implemented
- Implementation of approved best practice techniques to ensure standards are maintained
- Apply appropriate planning, safety, and performance measures to engineering possessions.
- Maintain accurate and details records of possession arrangements
- Proactively deliver track access and operational interface elements of projects within timescales during both planning and implementation
- Ensure engineering access timescales and critical milestones are met
- Produce and book robust, safe, deliverable & technically compliant possessions, worksites, signalling disconnections and electrical isolations
- Book engineering and test trains as required (via NROL or Network Rail processes)
- Attend Network Rail possession / territory meetings to ensure appropriate deconfliction of works and appropriate access is obtained.
- Book / confirm appropriate possession resources.
The Ideal Candidate
* Track competences relevant to role (Safe System of Work Planner, SWL2, ES, SWL1, COSS, IWA,)
- Minimum of 5 years railway operations experience of which 2 years should include planning / management of engineering work.
- Good communication skills at all levels of department and other disciplines also customer and suppliers
- Excellent IT skills (specifically MS Office)
- The ability to prioritise workload and achieve objectives
- A high degree of self-direction
- Commercial awareness and ability to manage work packages and identify change
For immediate consideration, please apply by sending your CV to Jake Parker at Rullion: or contact me on 0161 926 1749
This contract is being advertised by Rullion Ltd.
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.