As a Kitchen Porter/Assistant you will support the chef to prepare, cook and serve balanced and nutritious food for the people we support, paying extra attention to medical, cultural, and religious requirements. You will also be expected to plan menus with the involvement of the people we support; keeping to a designated food budget.
- To support the chef in the day to day running of the kitchen
- To assist in the delivery of good quality food at all times
- To work as part of a team in a structured and supportive manner
- Able to cope with general kitchen duties such as cleaning to a high standard, washing up, vegetable preparation
- Checking in of deliveries and maintaining stock rotation
- Assist in the overall cleanliness of the kitchen
- Attending all training, staff meetings supervisions and appraisal meetings when required
- To report any incident suspicion or concern about to service users health and safety well-being and any matter pertaining to safeguarding of vulnerable person to the kitchen manager or one of the senior staff staff
- Able to cope with general kitchen duties such as cleaning to a high standard washing up vegetable preparations
- Able to follow kitchen risk assessment
- Checking in of cherries, maintaining stock rotation
- Keeping a visual on stock best before dates and bringing this to the attention of the kitchen manager
- Preparing beverages for meetings, residents, guests and visitors and Deliver when required
- To use the initiative to problem solve
- To undertake course and pursue Old professional development and training in line with the companies training policies and programs
- Assist in the overall cleanness of the kitchen
- You must hold or be willing to complete within the first two weeks of your employment an up to date qualification in food hygiene.
We are looking someone who is as approachable, reliable and as dedicated as we are. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team who thrive to improve the service at every opportunity. So make a great career move.