We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Job description - the role
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for an Oracle Database Engineer to work in their Global Database Engineering team based in London (Hybrid) on a PAYE basis.
The Global Database Engineering Team manages the relational database platform and develops the automation, which keeps the business systems operational.
Overview: The Database Engineer will support the ongoing development of the relational database platforms and provide evaluation, certification and packaging of relational database tools as well as developing and maintaining platform automation scripts and applications.
* Develop automation platforms and modules to support database operational support teams.
* Analyse incidents for root cause and update platforms and automation to eliminate problems.
* Develop platform automation tooling to eliminate "toil"
* Provide support to application development teams in product and performance selection.
* L3 Product database support for Exadata and Oracle Databases.
Skills and Qualifications:
* Core Oracle 11g, 12c, 18c,19cDatabase DBA. (Essential)
* Oracle 12c, 18c,19cCRS. (Essential)
* Python/Java Development. (Preferred)
* Knowledge of database scripting and automation technologies. (Essential)
* Strong experience in backup, recovery (including flashback technologies) and migration using RMAN, datapump and export\import processes. (Essential)
About the client
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank.
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant.