Job Title: Night Support Worker
Full time/Part time available
Service/Location: Welshpool/SY21 7FD
Pay Rate: £10.50 per hour
About the Job
As a Support Worker at Voyage Care , you will work with people who have varying degrees of learning disabilities and physical disabilities. Your role will be to promote their independence and support them to lead as fulfilling life as possible, incorporating both therapy based activities and social based activities.
Throughout a typical day, you'll help the people we support with the everyday challenges of washing, dressing and eating. Crucially, enabling them to carry out tasks, chores and hobbies that most people take for granted but are really meaningful for your client. You'll be out and about, enjoying life together and no single day will be the same. You will not be moving between services throughout the day.
For Support Workers in this location, experience is desirable, however all of our staff will complete a full induction including one to one training and shadow shifts to give a deep understanding of the role while allowing you to get to know the people we support. This style of training allows the people we support get to know you and feel comfortable around you before you begin to support them.
As well as a rewarding role, and working with a fun and supportive team, we offer an exciting range of benefits:
- Employee discount app - discounts at leading retail stores including Argos and Asda, and leisure attractions, such as Alton Towers and Sea Life Centre.
- Blue Light Card - recognised discount card for hundreds of high street retailers, restaurants and cinemas.
- Free external counselling support and advice service available 24/7
- Paid training and induction
- Fund nationally recognised qualifications such as level three in Health and Social Care.
- We'll pay for your DBS checks
- Paid annual leave
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance policy - offering security for your loved ones
- Long service award - reward scheme marking 5, 10, 15, 20 and 25 years of working with us.
- Refer a friend - receive £500 or refer three friends and receive £2,000. (Terms and conditions apply).
The individuals we support at this service enjoy a lot of community access, so confidence in lone working is essential. We are therefore looking for Support Workers with previous experience who can hit the ground running. However we will still provide a full training programme that is specific to the needs of the individuals we support.
You'll join the team working on a rota that includes early, late, weekend, night and Bank Holiday shifts. This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a motivated and determined team. So make a great career move.
Click Apply to complete our one page application………All applications & CV's received are reviewed on a daily basis.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. All successful candidates will be subject to an Enhanced DBS/PVG check and Regulated Activity which will include a check against the Barred adult list.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010