UKAEA is leading the drive to put fusion energy on the grid, to give the world a new form of long-term, sustainable low-carbon electricity. At their sites at Culham, Oxfordshire and Rotherham, South Yorkshire, they have a rapidly growing workforce to fulfil their expanding programme of research, focused on delivering the UK's first fusion prototype power plant by 2040.
The Tritium Innovation Unit is a research and development team that delivers tritium science experiments, technology, and expertise in support of the fusion fuel cycle. The focus of the team is on delivering practical, innovative, tritium research and experiments which support the realisation of a commercially viable fusion fuel cycle.
- A proven track record of mechanical product design and creation of supporting documentation.
- Familiarity with the Design Change process and change management tools.
- The ability to draught to BS8888 (including GD&T) using CATIA and AutoCAD.
- Practical experience and thorough knowledge of BS 8888 and associated standards.
- Experience of delivering work packages to time and budget constraints.
- Discipline in applying defined processes and standards.
- Proficiency in documentation version control, design review and sign off processes.
- Familiarity with working in a fast paced, changing environment.
- Degree or higher in engineering.
- CAD experience.
- Desirable: CFD or Mechanical FEA.
- Desirable: Experience with Vacuum systems
- Desirable: Previous experience hydrogen and gas processing
- Understanding health and safety issues.
- Experience of preparing technical documentation, including specifications, datasheets, requirements lists, is required.
- Background or experience of multi-disciplinary R&D programmes is desirable.
- Knowledge of issues with tritium or other radioactive substances is desirable.
- Knowledge and experience of preparing research proposals and/or project planning is desirable.
- Experience of developing and running complex experiments and testing equipment is desirable
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.