Job title: Materials Technician
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Inside
Start date: Immediate
Duration: Up to Dec 2023 (Extension possible beyond this)
Pay rate: £14.02 - £16.10 P/H PAYE depending on experience
Hours of work: 5 days per week (37 hours per week)
Our client, who are leading in the Nuclear generation industry now have an immediate requirement for an Materials Technician to join their team in Torness. The Materials Technician will receive and carry out commercial inspection of spares and materials, issue and return spares and materials in line with Company Specification, whilst resolving discrepancies with suppliers and customers. Undertake warehouse management duties such as cycle counting, locating, storage, shelf life, despatching and other duties necessary to underpin a controlled Supply Chain Environment
Applicants should be able to demonstrate of the following skills/experience:
- have some relevant or similar experience of working in a busy warehouse environment
- be computer literate, for data input and interrogation
- have good communication skills
- demonstrate a 'can do' approach
- be effective at building trust and credibility in relationships
- possess a strong results focus
- have relevant commercial skills and knowledge to deliver value to the business
- demonstrate high level of personal motivation and integrity
- Control and issue of tools and equipment that are routinely used for Maintenance purposes
- Carry out Work Equipment inspections to ensure that the equipment adheres to the PUWER regulations
- Control our Maintenance policy with regards to lifting equipment, electrical testing equipment and the control and calibration of equipment used for maintaining nuclear safety related plant
- Computer proficient and those with a knowledge of the TC MAX and Asset Management systems (or similar) would be beneficial but not essential as training would be provided
- Completing records in a timely manner and ensure that the database is kept up to date
- Reporting safety, environmental and plant issues in a timely manner using station processes
- Actively participating in personal performance appraisals and delivery of personal development plans
- Working flexibly within teams under the daily direction of the Maintenance Team Leader
- Reporting issues of an operational/reportable nature directly to your Supervisor or control function
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.