The Design Engineer will be responsible for supporting the Senior Design Engineer(s) in the provision of a wide range of GRIP 4-5 schemes. Systems include but not limited to, LV DNO, LV Traction derived supplies, ETCS, LV Earthing & Bonding, Points Heating, Class 1 & Class 2 IT 650V Signalling Power, GSM-R/REB's LV power and Earthing & Bonding, Stations, Platform/Footbridge and Junction Lightning and 25kV substations domestic supplies.
The candidate will have the opportunity to work within a multi discipline team providing positive scope for carer development. The candidate will be working across several blue-chip projects including, Crewe, ECML PSU 2 and East and West of Leeds Transpennine Electrification.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY / TASKS
The post holder will be responsible for ensuring that the project design team is best placed to deliver all Electrical AC, LV, ELV systems and Earthing and Bonding within time and budget whilst maximising the opportunity to identify additional work opportunities subject to Network Rail additional works process. He/She will be responsible for engaging, development and instructing design engineers to provide a first-class design service to the construction teams and helping our client achieve our growth ambitions and commitments.
The Design Engineer in performing his/her role will be required to work closely with the Senior Engineers, Project Managers and all third-party designers to ensure a integrated design solution is presented for this project. This will extend to working and interfacing with Network Rail and our Alliance members to produce a homogeneous solution.
The Design Engineer will be responsible for ensuring adherence at all times to our clients Safety working policies, standards and practices as well as those applicable to Network Rail infrastructure in all aspects of the design process as required under the CDM and CSM RA Regulations.
* To manage the development of fully compliant suitable designs to meet the requirements of the contract.
* Provide highly effective management for the Technical design team.
* Provide Design leadership for the design team that covers cross discipline work streams to provide an integrated solution for the customer.
* Have overall responsibility for the management of the preparation of all designs and technical reports.
* Management of interdisciplinary designs;
* Develop and produce reports associated with the performance of the department on a monthly basis with an emphasis on the design performance.
* Review and appraise all tender specs and associated project documents.
* Ensure that all designs are in accordance with the customers approval processes.
* Understand primary interfaces, design drivers and stakeholders on projects that will influence the technical design.
* To positively influence design and construction safety performance and aims for zero accidents
? Engineering degree, preferable although no essential.
? Professional membership of the IET or equivalent as an Incorporated Engineer.
? Holder of a valid Personal Track Safety Card.
? Demonstration of CPD.
Knowledge & Experience:
? A minimum of 5 years' experience and knowledge of relevant engineering disciplines
? In Depth Knowledge of Network Railway Electrification Infrastructure
? Demonstrable AC substation design experience/exposure
? Demonstrable E&P LV experience
? Collaborative approach to project delivery
? Organisational Awareness
? Collaborative working
? Full understanding of Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental procedures
? Relationship Building
? Information Seeking
? Self-Motivated and proactive
? Analytical Thinking
Specific Health, Safety & Environmental Responsibilities for this Post:
* Ensure the H&S of our clients Rail Electrification design activities.
* Minimise the impact of our clients Rail Electrification activities, products and services and ensure designs meet all environmental obligations.
* Ensuring the application of the business procedures are effectively implemented.
* Ensuring that health and safety risk assessments are undertaken, and the mitigations are implemented to reduce the risks to ALARP.
* Ensuring that environmental aspects of activities products and services are identified and adequately controlled.
* Operating within the framework of law, ensuring the competence of employees to work to appropriate statutory and business standards.
* Reviewing and implementing improvements in processes to reduce accidents and incidents.
* Implementing business processes that comply with statutory and other appropriate standards.
* Ensuring immediate directs are allocating sufficient resources for H&S and environmental requirements and they are keeping appropriate records.
* Creating a safe working environment for all employees and contract staff employed on our clients Rail Electrification business and by leading by setting a good example, thus creating the appropriate H&S culture for their business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.