In this Lecturer In Electronic Engineering job, your responsibilities will include:
· To achieve outstanding outcomes for students using a variety of teaching and learning strategies top engage and inspire learning. Develop course material that meets the needs of the students.
· Monitor the progress of students providing individual support for students to ensure successful outcomes.
· Support all aspects of the students' journey, including pastoral care and personal, social and welfare development.
· To lead on the recruitment, retention and achievement of students and contribute towards the pastoral care of students. To contribute to the added value via enrichment activities.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. To deliver outstanding teaching, learning and assessment to all students 2. To teach on an appropriate range of courses including preparation and marking of students' work 3. To participate in activities concerning improvements in the quality of provision, the effectiveness of teaching and learning and assessment methods 4. To safeguard and ensure the wellbeing of students, including taking responsibility for reporting child protection matters 5. To undergo direct classroom observation and to take part in peer observation when appropriate
Other Duties and Responsibilities
To carry out all duties in accordance with the College's Health and Safety, Safeguarding & Equality & Diversity policies and procedures, practices and procedures.
To carry out any other duties as directed by your Line Manager.
· Teaching qualification ie DTLLS, Cert. Ed/PGCE or equivalent (or a commitment to work towards in line with contractual requirements)
· An appropriate level of qualification to teach different levels within the subject area
· A minimum of a level 3 qualification in the subject specialism
· GCSE A* - C in Maths and English (Grades 9 - 4) or equivalent
· Safeguarding, Prevent, Equality and Diversity, GDPR and Health and Safety training to be completed within one month of appointment
· Relevant qualification the level above what is being taught
· Assessor and/or IV qualified
Experience and Technical Skills
· Experience of delivering teaching, learning and assessment in Further Education or a similar setting
· Delivery of maths, English and employability skills within a vocational programme
· Proven knowledge of subject specialism and relevant qualifications in the vocational/subject area
· Experience of delivering awarding body requirements including marking and assessing work and engaging in IQA activity
Morgan Hunt is a multi-award-winning recruitment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to temporary vacancies. Morgan Hunt is an equal opportunities employer, job suitability are assessed on merit in accordance with their skills, qualifications and abilities to perform the relevant duties required in a particular role.