JDO Quality Engineer
Hinkley Point C
Monday-Friday 8 hours/day 40 hours/week
up to £550/day PAYE (Umbrella circa £730/day)
Job Purpose / Overview (Briefly state the Job's overall mission)
The Quality Engineer for the Joint Design Office (JDO) will be supporting the JDO Quality Manager in the providingoversight of day to day delivery of Quality Controls and supporting ongoing Quality Assurance activities when relevant.
This is a short term assignment with an expected duration of 6 months, whilst internal candidate is identified.
The Joint design Office (JDO) is the primary interface for engineering on the HPC Site, it ensure efficient & effective interfaces with the Project's Tier 1 organisations.
Framework & Boundaries
The JDO Quality Engineer will be part of the Joint Design Office, under the daily supervision of the JDO Quality Manager. The JDO Quality Engineer reports through the JDO Quality Manager to the JDO Transverse Engineering Manager.
Principal Accountabilities (Outputs of the Job - Activities & Decisions)
Quality Control activities:
- Monitor for compliance against JDO working arrangements
- NCR/FCR/Open Points Management, support to JDO engineers
- NCR management/investigation support for all JDO
Support can be expected to be provided for activities such as the following:
- Support JDO Quality Manager in establishing Optimised arrangements
- Supporting Self Assessments on the new arrangements and supporting external audits to confirm their adequacy
- Support the JDO Quality Manager in regulatory meetings and interventions
- Adaptation of applicable existing procedures or production of new ones when required
- Ensure adherence to external standards (e.g. ISO 9001:2015) and intelligent Customer requirements (e.g. GQAS)
- Support arrangement reviews for those owned by the JDO
- Support development of the continual improvement activities in the JDO
- Support development of the HPC Project tools
And more broadly:
- Support continual improvement of the quality culture in the JDO
- Directed support to Quality Coordination meetings on request of JDO Quality Manager
- Support and participation in internal and external quality audits as required, generating audit reports and progressing follow-up actions
- This is a Site based role at HPCSite
- Line manager accountability will be to the JDO Quality Manager.
- Some travel to Aztec West (Bristol) & SDC (Bridgewater) is expected.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and orally
- Proactive and confident in communicating with others, and ability to influence decisions
- Ability to effectively manage own workload, produce high quality documents and respect deadlines
- Confidence in empowerment to challenge
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of the ISO 9001: 2015 standard requirements
- Knowledge and experience of Quality Management Systems
- Fluent in English
- Certificated to ISO 9001 Internal Auditor
- Knowledge of General Quality Assurance Specification (GQAS) & Quality Related Activities (QRA)
- Knowledge of Nuclear Site Licence condition requirements related especially to LC6, LC7, LC17 & LC20
- Knowledge/ experience in a related engineering /construction/ Regulated delivery environments
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree qualification or relevant experience.
- Experience working in a nuclear, engineering or design office environment
- Experience with the development and implementation of Quality Management Systems
- ensuring adequate Quality Controls
- Implementing & monitoring good sustainable Quality Controls to safeguard process output
- Experienced in complex multi organisational stakeholder management
- Qualified internal auditor and performance of quality audits
- Experience with training in quality management topics
- Experience in performance of Root Cause Analysis
Please send your updated CV
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.