The Divisional Control Office (DCO) is responsible for monitoring, managing and mitigating Non-Financial Risk across CRG FIC, CRG Structuring and CRG Equities. The role requires a highly motivated individual who manage the audit portfolio and 1st line assurance lead for CRU and will be responsible for the audit validation of Regulatory Findings and Obligations. They will support the DCO with the timely and effective remediation of risk and control issues
We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for an Internal Auditor supporting the DCO office to work in their London team based on an initial 6 month contract on a PAYE basis.
Overview of the role:
The Internal Auditor will support the Capital Release Unit (CRU) who are responsible for the disposal of all Capital Release Unit assets other than Global Prime Finance and Electronic Equities.
This comprises three groups of assets, lower-yielding longer-dated legacy fixed income assets particularly in Rates such as interest rate swaps, and capital-intensive securitised bonds, the Bank's former non-strategic portfolio which is made up of credit and rates derivatives and the legacy assets that were ring-fenced back in 2017 as part of the Bank's strategic rationalisation in corporate and investment Banking, and the Bank's Polish Foreign Exchange-linked mortgage book.
As an Internal Auditor your Key responsibilities will be:
- You will be required to evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the CRU implementation of Regulatory Audit Findings & Obligations in accordance with the Group Audit Methodology and the established Minimum Standards.
- Work collaboratively with Findings Owners to ensure that all documentation related to Audit Findings is accurately documented and evidence is fully validated to support closure.
- Undertake 1st line Assurance Testing for CRU owned Key Controls in line with the NFRM Controls Framework.
- Act as CRG DCO Lead for all internal and external audit and assurance testing, ensuring the timely and robust completion of reviews and the escalation of issues to CRU Senior Management.
- Deliver management information and reporting to support the CRU DCO and Senior Management drive decision making and the escalation of risks impacting CRU.
- Engage with Group Audit, Compliance, AFC and other DCOs to understand the impact of Findings & Assurance on the CRU Risk Profile.
- Act as lead in relation to changes to the Bank's Policies and Minimum Standards, ensuring the CRU impact is understood and accurately represented.
- Support with the maintenance of standard closure documentation and evidence in SharePoint.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience in an Audit, Controls Testing or 2nd line Assurance role, ideally in the Investment Banking domain.
- Knowledge of non-financial risk framework processes and requirements.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills; able to deal with senior management, cross division and cross cultural teams.
- A high degree of personal initiative, attention to detail and an ability to work under time pressure.
- Confident to question the status quo business practice / existing control framework.
- Strong ability to present findings and implementation plans at senior management meetings.
- The ability to work within a project team and effectively liaise with all supporting functions to plan and co-ordinate across multiple stakeholders.
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant. For more information on Giant.