We are seeking a dynamic and outcomes focused Head of Property who will establish robust policies, processes and procedures to maintain a high-quality, compliant and safe property estate.
The Property team manage all aspects of property management from scheduled and remedial tasks to reactive and planned maintenance through to management of refurbishments, remodelling and extensions of our properties.
- The Head of Property will lead the oversight and management of team strategy, pipeline management, budget control and reporting; developing and implementing best practice property management processes for the development and maintenance of our estate.
- You will have experience of leading a dispersed property team and will have experience in property management and maintenance, as well as a proven record of strategic planning and delivery.
- You will have deep technical and practical knowledge gained within property maintenance programmes, ideally including net zero carbon work and retrofit.
- You will lead the in-house Property team of around 70 property professionals, including property managers, property support team and a directly employed maintenance team.
- You will have an excellent balance of communication, commercial and property management skills. You will collaborate effectively, will build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and will learn from feedback.
- You will have the ability to manage multiple tasks/ deadlines and prioritise accordingly and be methodical, with exceptional attention to detail.
- You will be a qualified professional with strong technical skills and experience in delivering an effective, value for money service. You will be RICS qualified, or equivalent, and will be keen to develop a team and strategy for a sector leading care provider.
- The Property team contributes towards the achievement of Voyage Care's purpose of delivering great care and support by ensuring that all property works are delivered in accordance with our policies and procedures, on time, within budget and maximising value for money whilst providing a first-class, customer focused service.
- You will be accountable for maintaining safe, compliant and attractive home environments for the people we support and workplaces for our colleagues and will ensure compliance with statutory regulations together with any other regulatory requirements.
- You will provide strong leadership and will always operate in line with our ETHOS values. You will promote a positive team culture of continuous improvement and high performance, driving a step change in outcomes and effectiveness.
- You will be experienced in leading, motivating and developing diverse multi-site team to deliver agreed KPIs, ensuring the Property team continue to provide great service to both internal and external customers by being responsive, proactive and by putting our ETHOS values into action.
- You will work alongside our field based operational colleagues and other internal subject matter experts to ensure our properties operate effectively and their value is optimised through a managed programme of planned, reactive and ad hoc works.
- Central to the accountability of the team is the provision of reliable and accurate reports to internal stakeholders, including our Executive Committee and the Board. Tracking/ forecasting of activity is undertaken primarily using our property system, MS Office 365 and Power BI.
- You will establish, improve, and manage a range of KPI's/measures to ensure effective performance and efficient project delivery based on stakeholder and customer feedback.
- You will oversee the contractual performance and management of our contractors and suppliers and, working alongside key internal stakeholders, will establish robust commercial arrangements and processes to ensure we achieve best value.
- You will have proven experience in delivery of programmes through performance improvements (cost, quality and time) and excellent analytical skills. You will ensure strong proactive financial management within the team, whilst driving cost savings and efficiencies where possible.
The post holder will be expected to:
- Take responsibility for their own health and safety and that of others in the course of their employment.
- Demonstrate that the Company's purpose and values are at the centre of all you do.
- Comply with all company policies in place.
- Undertake training and development deemed necessary for the pursuance of the post.
- Have a good operating standard of IT competence to be able to use Company electronic systems effectively.
- Work positively towards anti discriminatory practice.
- Regular travel and overnight stays will be required in line with business needs.
In return you will receive a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave + bank holidays and your birthday off, life assurance, pension contribution, and Voyage Care's reward scheme.
Make a great career choice and apply now!
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the people we support. We are an equal opportunities employer.