We have a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Grounds Maintenance Operator to join United Utilities on a 12 month contract basis, working within the Regional Operations Grounds Maintenance team based in Eccles, Manchester.
* Responsible for the delivery of a variety of site maintenance activities including grounds maintenance, vegetation management, soft landscaping, and other minor building maintenance in line with the maintenance plan for each site. To ensure the site standards are upheld on our Water & Wastewater sites including all operational and non-operational areas.
* Undertake grounds maintenance, vegetation management, soft landscaping and building maintenance activities on a variety of sites to a schedule provided.
* Carry out physically demanding tasks in a fast changing outdoor environment with exposure to and in close proximity to environmental hazards and sewerage contamination.
* Operate and perform daily checks on a variety of powered and non-powered plant, tools and equipment including vehicles, trailers, ride on mowers and small handheld tools.
* Record the work completed on a corporate system.
* Carry out minor remedial work on non-assets (flags, fencing etc.), appropriate to the level of competence and training.
* Organise day to day activities with Team Leader ensuring effective utilisation of time and ensure that levels of material stock are maintained.
* Contribute towards the training of new starters from the Youth Employment Programme and employment agencies.
* Adhere to Health and Safety requirements and to comply with regulations and internal company policy.
* Identify any site standards improvements and winter work during the scheduled visits.
* closely with Process Operations while on their sites Application and handling of pesticides
Knowledge and Skills
* Ability to demonstrate practical experience of a variety of maintenance activities including grounds maintenance, vegetation management, soft landscaping and building maintenance in an outdoor environment.
* Able to demonstrate practical experience in using a variety of machinery such as pedestrian mowers, strimmer's, blowers, pole saws, hedge cutters and ride on mowers.
* Full clean driving license required.
* Able to plan activities on a variety of sites to a schedule provided.
* Able to communicate with a range of stakeholders.
* Ability to risk assess dynamically.
* Able to demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
* Have achieved Pesticide Application PA1& PA6 or be willing to undertake the qualification.
* Hold B + E towing entitlement.
City & Guilds / NVQ / Lantra qualification in land based industry would be advantageous
* Building and maintaining a strong relationship with the site teams.
* Maintaining strong communications across designated area.
* Health & Safety will be the key driver across all work undertaken.
* The role will have a key internal customer facing requirement.
* Main interaction will be with the Grounds Maintenance Team Leader and Grounds Maintenance Co-ordinator who will provide the daily plans and deal with any issues arising.
Should your application be successful, and you are offered the role, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any assignment offer with our client will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Barring Service.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.