* To maintain and repair force vehicular resources to industry and force standards. Delivering an efficient and effective service ensuring that vehicles are safe, reliable and legally compliant at all times. Fleet resources are maintained to the highest standards; ensuring operational capability is sustained - cognisant of and compliant with all industry and Force expectations, including legislative.
* Completion of maintenance documents and records, ensuring all parts required are accurately accounted for. Record keeping is effective and robust and rigorous to account for any review/audit.
* To carry out unscheduled repairs to vehicles promptly, efficiently and effectively to a high standard to maintain the highest possible levels of vehicle availability for the Forces.Meet arising demands on a needs basis - positively reacting to circumstances to help sustain operational capability.
* Provide a timely and customer focused vehicle maintenance service to an agreed standard and schedule, whilst ensuring that the vehicles are safe, reliable and legally compliant at all times. All legislative requirements are demonstratively met at all times, with a sound and robust mechanism in place for recording any documentation/rationale underpinning such matters.
- To recover broken down / accident vehicles.
* Provide specialist and technical engineering expertise and advice to users.
* Operate specific computer and software systems provided to obtain information or diagnose faults with vehicles.
* To provide a mobile 'quality control' function as directed by the Workshop Manager at remote locations across the two Forces.
* Drive a Police vehicle safely with consideration for others in accordance with Force policy and in line with the system of car control.
To be able to evidence a high degree of competence in motor vehicle service and repair preferably to City & Guilds, Vehicle Technician or NVQ level 3 accredited standard with significant post apprenticeship experience.
* Awareness of general risk assessments, COSHH regulations and Health and Safety regulations pertinent to the vehicle maintenance industry.
* Ability to prioritise work as well as providing a systematic, disciplined and analytical approach to problem solving.
* Knowledge of up-to-date motor vehicle engineering, terminology and practises including diagnostic and repair techniques.
* Good level of communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with staff and officers of all levels, along with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Full UK driving licence.
* Hold a current Vehicle Inspectorate Nominated Tester Certificate or experienced to an equivalent standard.
* Experience of working to industry repair times to an efficient and effective high standard.
By applying for this role your details will be submitted to Adecco. Our Candidate Privacy Information Statement explains how we will use your information - please copy and paste the following link in to your browser https://www.adecco.co.uk/candidate-privacy
To speak to a recruitment expert please contact Lynette crisp