Balfour Beatty Vinci has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Assistant to join our team to work in the Kingsbury., We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with previous experience of working in a similar role in a Corporate environment to provide support to a dedicated sublot team in Lichfield. The Facilities Assistant will be expected to carry out basic admin duties for our teams, cover reception and ensure that our offices are maintained to an excellent standard.
What you'll be doing
- Working at the reception desk and acting as the first point of contact for visitors and employees, ensuring visitors are booked in and receive the safety briefing for the office
- Proactively dealing with any enquiries
- Ensuring that meeting rooms are checked throughout the day and that any faults are proactively identified
- Proactively identifying and reporting repairs, maintenance or cleaning issues
- Carrying out building safety inspections with H&S or the Senior Office Manager
- Carrying out cleaning audits if required by the Senior Office Manager
- Dealing with incoming/outgoing mail
- Carrying out general admin support duties including booking travel and accommodation as required
- Ordering and replenishing consumable items for the office
- Ensuring that all stationery supplies are stocked, kitchen consumables are topped up throughout the day and printer stations are fully stocked and the machines operational
- Providing support to the Senior Office Manager as required
- Assisting as required at any events
- Ensure all office/facilities management procedures are following under the direction of the Senior Office Manager
- ensure the offices sharepoint page is maintained up to date and that any communications are sent out at site level only via the sharepoint page
- Proactively contribute to the wider office management team activities and BBV wide activities including the promotion of social committee events, charity events and other BBV publicised events and activities
IT literate with a good working knowledge of Office 365
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Must be confident in dealing with people at all levels
- The ability to work remotely and manage varying workloads
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent administration experience
Balfour Beatty VINCI (BBV) is responsible for designing and building part of the most exciting and challenging infrastructure project in Europe: HS2.
We are building the West Midlands section of HS2's Phase One route, spanning approximately 90km from Long Itchington in Warwickshire to the centre of Birmingham and on to Handsacre in Staffordshire. We will be employing thousands of people from the region to design and build the civil infrastructure for HS2 and we are looking for a wide range of skills to join the team and support this unique and ground breaking project.
Diversity and Inclusion: We aim to be a leader in equality, diversity and inclusion by creating a safe inclusive working environment for all - living our values of Safety, Respect, Integrity and Leadership. We are positive and inclusive about making adjustments, providing flexible working, encouraging all staff to engage in a diverse range of year round learning opportunities and provide personal development opportunities. Our aim is to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to help us build on our inclusive culture.
Flexible working: Flexible or agile working is encouraged at BBV and we recognise the value and diversity of candidates which this can bring to our business operations. Not every role can provide a variety of working patterns to suit people's personal needs however we are happy to discuss agile working opportunities at BBV with you., Balfour Beatty VINCI is a long established joint venture between two global leaders in the delivery of critical infrastructure. Working together for over 30 years, we have been successful in delivering a number of significant infrastructures; creating unrivalled expertise and capability across rail, highways and aviation sectors in the UK and beyond.
In 2008, we announced our formal alliance with the aim of delivering modern and innovative solutions to the UK's infrastructure needs. Since then, our collaboration has gone from strength to strength. We've successfully bid and delivered many key projects for Crossrail and Highways England Smart Motorways Programme. Balfour Beatty VINCI is a powerhouse for critical infrastructure.