Purpose of the Job
To expedite deliveries and resolve supplier issues in order to secure material availability to satisfy all Operational/Sales/Contractual requirements.
- Material availability vs. Operational/Sales/Contractual requirements.
- Percentage of Supplier On Time in Full Deliveries / Performance against Availability Measures.
- Open overdue order book.
- Ensuring that materials are expedited to the schedule required for the contract.
- Ensuring that the status of all orders and deliveries is accurately maintained.
- Liasing with other departments as necessary to ensure continuity of order progress
- Raising new purchase orders as required.
- Expediting rejected material
- Visiting Suppliers as required
- To understand, measure and reduce missing parts on a daily basis and work with all parties to understand the root cause of missing parts.
- Development and updating of Supplier performance measures in key areas of Supplier performance
- To hold regular Supplier review meetings to discuss performance, delivery schedules and day to day business issues.
- Communicate and improve any errors found to static data files.
- Ensure clean and tidy working environment
- Control and management of free issue material.
- Educated to GCSE standard with good grades in English and Maths.
Desired Technical Knowledge / Experience
- 3 Years experience in a Procurement/Supply Chain role or discipline.
- Rail industry experience.
- Experience of communicating with suppliers.
- Experience of coordinating the activities of other functions to achieve results.
Technical Skill & Competences
- Good working knowledge of SAP.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate to all levels of a business.
- Self-directed and results .
- Good IT MS Office applications especially excel.
- Able to prioritise multiple requirements.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.