Engineering Manager - Enabling Works
Location: Based in London or Suffolk with Hybrid working available
Closing date: Tuesday 28th February
The Engineering Manager - Enabling Works will be part of the Engineering and Technical Directory within the Client Civil Work Program team and responsible for managing End to End Engineering process from Requirements capture to hand over within a specific technical area.
Framework & Boundaries
The post holder will interface with …
- Civil Work Alliance Design Team
- Responsible Designer
- Client Delivery Sponsor
- Technical Client Organisation
- Set out or endorse the Client Requirements and Specification. Ensure Design Authority inputs
- Ensure that the design is delivered in a timely manner through effective management of the Design Schedule produce by the CWA
- Assure the Design through appropriate surveillance plans that are to be tailor made, including digital assurance.
- Approve the Design for Construction i.e Design Engineering and Construction Engineering
- Ensure that the processes and procedures are developed (by the party that is best placed to do it) and abided to throughout the whole lifecycle of the Design, from Requirement capture to handover
- Ensure that the Configuration control is effective throughout the CWA Programme and through interface with other Programme (First of a Kind)
- Ensure Compliance of the Design with Replication processes and manage changes through appropriate processes (TDF/NCC)
- Provide governance support on technical topics
Nuclear Safety Accountabilities
This Post will have key nuclear safety responsibilities ("roles") which could have a significant impact on nuclear safety through the activities that they perform. These will be detailed in the Nuclear Baseline.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications & Experience
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent knowledge of schedule development and quality control principles
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong Engineering background
- Capacity to manage multidisciplinary individual in a large and complex project environment
- Strong organisational skills to set priorities of actions
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in the Design and/or Construction industry
- Collaborative working in large and complex projects
- Leadership on individual with different competences, skills, cultures
- Similar experience on nuclear projects or large complex projects
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.