Job title: Engineering Manager
Job Type: Permanent
Start date: Immediate
Pay rate: £70,000 per annum, negotiable.
Hours of work: 5 days per week (37 hours per week)
This is an exciting opportunity to join EDF Energy's only Upper Tier COMAH site as the Engineering Manager, based at the EDF Gas Storage site near Crewe, reporting to the site Plant manager and acting as a key member of the sites Senior Lead Team, the Engineering Manager will be working closely with the Maintenance and Operations Manager to ensure standards are adhered to and that routine work and site projects are carried out in a safe, timely and collaborative manner. The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading the Engineering and Projects team, alongside the delivery of several significant projects including decommissioning one of the gas storage assets, optimising the performance and further developing on the other gas storage asset on site. The Engineering Manager will also have responsibility for all sub-surface activities including well heads and cavities, whilst maintaining the site's COMAH Safety Report.
Applicants should be able to demonstrate of the following skills/experience:
- Member of appropriate engineering institution with Chartered status.
- Hold a relevant engineering qualification.
- Minimum 5 years' management experience on highly automated gas, oil or process plant systems managing overheads such as KPI'S, assets and personnel.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant health and safety legislation relating to the operation of a site.
- Experience of selection and management of contractors.
- Providing Engineering Leadership for the site, by setting the standards and expectations for all engineering activities. Managing the provision of engineering for the site alongside the Operations Manager and Maintenance Manager to effectively handle plant defects and managing technical requirements of COMAH.
- Implement strategy, undertake recruitment, selection, training, development and competency assessment activities to ensure a competent workforce for ongoing operations - including leadership, performance and development of engineering and technical projects team/activites.
- Strategic and business planning for the Engineering and Projects team.
- To develop and maintain the Asset strategy, processes and improvement programme for the Gas Storage site with the goal of achieving and optimised risk-based approach to asset management and implementation of best practice (including technical safety review processes).
- Management of contracts in areas of Engineering and plant related technical project delivery.
- Development of Process, Industrial Safety, environmental and Engineering Policies and Procedures, whilst embedding continuous improvement in those processes.
- Responsible for long term health of the assets, including the development and monitoring of the KPI's for asset Performance and the monitoring of business health.
- Responsible for asset performance of the Gas Storage facility meeting safety, environmental, availability, reliability and efficiency requirements.
- A key member of the site emergency arrangements and available to provide callout cover for the site in an emergency.
- Technical lead for HSE intervention visits and real time COMAH Safety Report Management
- On site lead for Cavities, well heads and down hole systems
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd acting as an employment business
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
We celebrate and support diversity and are committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.