Electrical Engineer required for 12 month renewable contract for EDF Energy - Wind & Hydrogen Team
You will be responsible for assisting the delivery of multi-million-pound On-shore Wind and Hydrogen Production projects. Being involved throughout the construction and commissioning of such projects, acting as a role model in identifying safety and efficiency improvement in the delivery of Renewable projects. Helping ensure our projects meet EDF Renewables, its customers' and applicable statutory and regulatory specifications, on time and within budget.
Within the role of Electrical Engineer you will be required to act as the Electrical Engineering Lead. Where you will be responsible for the management of;
* Producing Electrical Engineering specification.
* Assisting the identification and management of project technical risks.
* Contributing to and supporting relevant project meetings, prepare progress reports and ensuring the project complies with required standards.
You will be a key part in the shaping of our projects providing advice during procurement, construction and commissioning activities.
As an Electrical Engineer in the Wind and Hydrogen Team you would be expected to Communicate effectively with the electrical engineering team and project stakeholders. Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions, and ask for assistance when required including actively promoting collaborative working.
You will be responsible for leading by example and proactively maintaining the highest level of standards to comply with all Zero Harm requirements while taking care of personal health and safety and that of others. It is expected that you will undertake all Engineering activities in a diligent and professional manner. Ensuring you are working in accordance with statutory requirements, and, EDF Renewable policies including Zero Harm, Quality, Engineering, and Design Management policies.
Within your role you will be required to providing Electrical Engineering support across all EDF-Renewables Directorates and for the full lifecycle of assets, but predominately focused on the development of projects. You will be responsible for embedding Engineering excellence and operational experience into Electrical Engineering activities and assessing the consideration of risk and lifetime costs in all Engineering activities.
The role will primarily be remote working but would potentially be required in EDF's office in Durham on a weekly basis.
OTHER PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
* Demonstrate, by example, adherence and involvement to deliver the four strategic pillars of EDF Renewables UK, namely Zero Harm, Operational Excellence, Business Growth and Inspiring People.
* Contribute to building and strengthening a skilled, high performing, and motivated Electrical Team, with an open and positive working environment, and a culture of excellence, collaboration and trust.
* Provide predominately Electrical Engineering support to the business during periods of high risk and urgency.
* Provide Electrical technical direction and support and manage Electrical design activities, project Engineering, technical speciation's, tender technical queries, and design assurance.
* Ensure all Electrical assessments, advice and recommendations are fully documented in accordance with all internal procedures.
* Support technical and commercial due diligence (whether internal or external) activities.
* Responsible for ensuring Electrical risks are identified, captured, recorded and addressed appropriately, providing technical expertise and guidance to ensure risk level is ALARP.
* Ensure decommissioning and/or end of life of Electrical infrastructure is considered during the design and construction phases of projects.
* Actively engage in internal lead teams and committees, and build a strong support network with the wider EDF business.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
* Proven Engineer successful in delivering projects/programmes, establishing/managing relationships, securing and maintaining a safe environment, managing priorities, and inspiring and influencing behaviours and actions.
* Strong commitment to safety, health, environment and quality.
* Minimum of an Engineering degree in Electrical Engineering or related discipline. Chartered membership of an appropriate body would be an advantage.
* NEBOSH or IOSH (or equivalent) is desirable.
* It would be advantageous for you to have a Project Management and / or a Process Safety qualification with experience in procurement, design, delivery, and commissioning.
* Highly proficient in key areas of Engineering in the renewables environment.
* Strong experience of managing risks and challenges in a renewables environment.
* Excellent at building successful relationships with external partners, peers, stakeholders and reporting line.
* Good command of Microsoft Office package (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Power Point, etc.).
* Flexible to travel around the UK and overseas as the role requires.
* Full clean UK driving licence.
* Excellent (English) oral and written communication skills.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.