Job Title: Electrical Engineer
Job Type: Contract
IR35 Status: Outside IR35
Start Date: July 2022
Duration: 6 Months
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Select and size electrical equipment
- Apply onshore practices during screening of suitable electrical equipment technology
- Prepare preliminary specifications and/or data sheets for major equipment in order to solicit technical proposals
- Review of vendor information and discussions with equipment vendors
- Input to cost estimates and high-level project execution schedules
- Requisitioning of Electrical Equipment
- Review scope, design criteria, deliverables, contract and technical specifications
- Establish acceptance criteria, workmanship standards
- Prepare preliminary, conceptual design and ensure client approval, where necessary
- Perform design calculations and check supplier calculations
- Co-ordinate preparation of design drawings, bill of materials, etc.
- Ensure professional seal on documents, as required
- Ensure inter-discipline checks, interfaces, or clashes
- Ensure client review / approval of concepts, drawings, specifications
- Review shop drawings, contractor/vendor documentation and quality records
- Review as-built drawings and records or complete as-built from mark-ups
- Assist Site Engineer/Resident Engineer/Construction Superintendent/Manager in technical interpretations, construction problems, non-conformance disposition, concessions or deviations
- Prepare and issue document list (deliverables), as necessary
- Role envisaged for candidate is to be a Senior Electrical Engineer on project task forces responsible for the technical adequacy, completeness and quality of all Electrical Engineering deliverables and activities related to the projects.
- Input to proposal and concept studies
- Planning and control of man hour budgets
- Equipment selection
- Design calculations
- Write Equipment Standards and Specifications for Projects
- Create Data Sheets, Setting Plans and Duty Specifications for Equipment
- Technical activities involved with Requisitioning of Equipment
- Review technical proposals for Equipment
- Vendor design review
- Assistance during construction and commissioning requirements
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following:
- BEng, BSc, MEng or MSc in Electrical Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Candidate shall be a CEng or other relevant institution.
Interested in this position? please click "apply now"
We try to respond to all applicants, but sometimes this is not possible due to high volumes of applications; if you have not heard from us within 14 days, regrettably it means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
This contract vacancy is being advertised by Rullion Ltd
Since 1978, Rullion has been securing exceptional candidates for a range of clients; from large well-known brands, to SMEs and start-ups. As a family-owned business, Rullion's approach is credible and honest, focused on building long-lasting relationships with both clients and candidates.
Rullion is a forward-thinking recruitment company that specialises in providing a wide range of talent consultancy services to a diverse client base; from small start-ups to large household names.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.