We are AMS, a global total workforce solutions firm enabling organisations to thrive in an age of constant change by building, re-shaping, and optimising workforces. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim solutions and temporary resources.
Our client, Deutsche Bank, is a global banking business with strong roots in Germany and operations in over 70 countries. Their large but focused footprint gives them an established position in Europe plus a significant presence in the Americas and Asia Pacific. Deutsche Bank offer their clients commercial and investment banking, retail banking and transaction banking as well as ground-breaking asset and wealth management products and services.
On behalf of Deutsche Bank, AMS are now looking for a Divisional Risk & Control Officer to work in their Operational Risk team based in London for an initial 6 month contract on a PAYE basis.
The mandate of the Investment Bank Divisional Control Office is to support the business by developing, implementing and maintaining a risk culture to ensure a strong and sustainable business control environment whilst minimising risk arising from non-financial risk factors. The team is closely aligned with the business, providing central oversights for FO control framework activities, including design, implementation, on-going monitoring/reporting and testing/validation of FO supervisory and key FO controls. IB DCO has functional responsibility for Audit and Regulatory governance, providing a central point of oversight over the Investment Bank Finding and Supervisory Obligations portfolio. DCO delivers consistent portfolio reporting supporting senior management understanding of the risk profile associated with the control and process deficiencies to support effective prioritisation of efforts against the highest risk remediation
- Oversee the Investment Bank's portfolio of Findings and Supervisory Obligations~200 items.
- Provide MIS and commentary through the Investment Bank's findings governance program to divisional stakeholders and senior management fora.
- Create quarterly status reporting for Supervisory Authorities.
- Provide support and guidance to the Finding Owners / Project Managers on best practice finding management, risk management and Policy requirements.
- Design and perform tests to assess design and Operating effectiveness of controls and processes implemented to close control deficiencies.
- Ensure a high quality of documentary evidence is recorded in the Global Findings Management System (golden source data) for consumption by internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate annual statutory audit on Short Selling Regulation across 3 lines of defense.
- Coordinate and administer recertification of Risk Acceptance portfolio across 1stLoD and 2ndLoD.
- Evaluate risk profile using the Non-Financial Risk Taxonomy and Risk Rating Grid.
- Act for the IB division in discussions with 2LoD and 3LoD pertaining to Policy updates.
- Develop and maintain productive relationships across business units, Non-Financial Risk and other Divisional Control Units.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level or equivalent qualification/relevant work experience
- 5 years experience in Financial Services Audit, Operational Risk Management or Divisional risk and controls
- The candidate will be expected to operate in a team environment whilst at the same time be assigned responsibility for specific assignments
- Effective relationship building, communication and analytical skills; has demonstrated the ability to work effectively with all levels within the organisation.
- Knowledge of basic MS Apps required: MS Excel, MS Word, MS Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of Tableau desktop beneficial but not essential.
- Experience in preparing and delivering presentations
- High level of personal initiative
- Strong analytical skills
Deutsche Bank's Values:
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs, and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Please note that for the duration of this assignment you will be working as an external resource engaged by AMS based on site at Deutsche Bank
AMS's payroll service is in partnership with Giant, we have worked with them for many years and have good processes in place to ensure you get the best service. If you are successful in your application for this role, your contract will be via Giant. For more information on Giant.