For an industry that is all about people, when it comes to communications, recruitment is surprisingly robotic. We want to do things differently at Rullion and inject a sense of fun and personality in everything we do.
We have already taken the first steps towards this vision by creating a rap song to talk about IR35 and a series of bedtime stories for girls to celebrate the International Women in Engineering Day. Now we want to replicate this philosophy across everything we do.
Summary of the Role
The Digital Creative is the creative heart of Marketing at Rullion.
We are offering a basic salary of £30,000-£35,000, dependent on experience, and are flexible around making either a full time or part time hire (across 3 days minimum, with hours to suit the individual). We offer full remote working or you have the option to work from our Altrincham head office or any of our regional offices if preferred.
We offer an industry-leading holiday package of 40 days off - 25 days holiday plus banks, with an additional four "ReLoad days" to use across the year, a Christmas closedown and a holiday purchase scheme. Other benefits include group pension scheme, enhanced maternity and paternity packages, a £1000 Employee Referral scheme, various recognition incentives and prizes throughout each month / quarter / year, and a free Employee Assistance Programme.
As a Digital Creative, you will be a key member of the marketing team, steering strategic conversations from a creative perspective. We are a small and ambitious team with a flat structure where good ideas can come from anywhere. As the only creative in the team, you will be responsible to develop the look and feel of all our marketing communications.
Initially, you will take existing brand guidelines as a starting point and evolve them to reflect where we are as a business now. Your aim will be to create digital assets that radiate authenticity and flair, setting Rullion apart from the sea of sameness in recruitment. Further down the line, you will have the chance to make an even bigger mark on the business by shaping the brief - and potentially even leading - the full Rullion rebrand , involving all on and offline touchpoints.
From a skills perspective, you are a creative all-rounder who is comfortable developing concepts as well as getting your hands dirty with actual assets. You have experience working across a wide range of digital formats from PDFs and presentations to moving graphics, photography, audio and video editing.
You have a natural ability to cut through to the core of an idea and translate it into audio/visual language that speaks to hearts and minds. You are mindful of UX when you develop concepts and put yourself in the shoes of your audience. You have mastery over various creative tools, from Adobe Creative Suite to Premiere Pro and are always looking for ways to improve your skills. You have can do attitude and are not scared to trying your hands in new things. Similarly, when you are stuck you don't mind reaching out to your network to bring in the missing skills.
Qualifications, skills & experience
- Degree in graphic or digital media design (preferred but not essential)
- Experience in having worked in the industry as a creative all rounder
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- Photography skills (shooting and editing)
- Proficient in Microsoft office, especially in designing slides
- Animation skills (After Effects - preferred but not essential)
- Video shooting editing skills (Premiere Pro), for online content
- Experienced in website design
- Strong UX understanding
- Strong understanding of social media platforms - understanding of meme culture, consistently up to date with latest trends and ability to contribute original ideas
- Familiar with creating content for Instagram and Linkedin
- Excellent communication skills
- Has the ability to work across a range of departments within the business, and be able to manage both creative and organisational responsibilities
- Be able to work effectively towards a deadline
- Has the ability to design to a brief, and is able to understand the brand aesthetic, ensuring all assets delivered are on brand across all key responsibilities.
The outcomes we are looking for are:
- A consistent and elevated look and feel for brand assets
- Experimentation with new creative formats
- Innovative ways of delivering our messages through digital channels
- Improved creative cut through
- Open nature
- High quality work
- Team Orientated
- Learning mindset
- Strong listener
- Tactful and clear communicator